PDA

View Full Version : Alaska trip II. Partners, advice ?

QT Luong
24-Apr-2001, 21:46
I will be returning to Alaska this June to explore the coastal national parks (s orry, I have been too busy to write a report about last year's trip, but I promise to make good before the end of this year :-)). I plan to visit, in this order, Glacier Bay, Lake Clark, Kenai Fjords, Katmai. I'll try to do a few wildlife shots, but my main interest is photographing the landscape with a LF camera.

First, since most of the travel and photography would be done in very isolat ed wilderness areas, for the sake of safety I am looking for fellow photographers who woul d be interested in joining for parts of the trip.

Second, I'd like to hear about suggestions with respect to those locations. I've done a fair amount of research, but I am still unsure about the most photogenic parts of the parks and the logistics of getting there with a load of large format equipment.

Geoffrey_1456
24-Apr-2001, 23:52
Tuan,

Try those volcano areas. About 50 miles southwest of the capital. A good day trip. Have fun!

james mickelson
25-Apr-2001, 01:52
Q, contact Rowlett@alaska.net. He can tell you alot about what you want to know. James

David R Munson
25-Apr-2001, 23:02
Can't go this time around, but if you do something similar in about 4 years, count me in. In the mean time, good luck with this and future trips.

abiggs
25-Apr-2001, 23:05
If you were leaving in the next few weeks, I would be able to join. Being between jobs is the most refreshing experience. Time to hone my LF skills over the next month, until my next job starts.