PDA

View Full Version : Lens Board Adapter 4" square to 110 toyo

jnantz
24-Apr-2001, 16:47
Hi -

I have a question about a lens board adapter.

I need to adapt my 4x4inch boards that I have been using on a 5x7 camera & graphic view II to a board that is 110mm square and fits on a toyo view cx / field view camera.

Does anyone know where I can find one already made or anyone that can make one for me? Toyo makes an adapter that converts a rounded edge speed graphic type board for their 110mm board, but not the square board ...

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! - John

Geoffrey_1456
24-Apr-2001, 23:43
John,

Call Lens and Repro and ask GI or JK. They have a lot of scale-up and scale-down lens board adaptors. Also check Ebay. You can find all sort of things there. If you need it right now, Call Steve K. Grimes. He can make you one in minutes! Cheers,

Don Wong
24-Apr-2001, 23:44
SK Grimes may be able to fabricate what you need. skgrimes@ma.ultranet.com (617) 951-1480 (508) 384-7107

jnantz
25-Apr-2001, 03:19
I'll pay steve grimes a visit tomorrow ... i'll also give the people at lens & repro in nyc a call tomorrow ... thanks for the help - i'll post my findings when i have some :)

- john

neil poulsen
25-Apr-2001, 09:23
I keep a close eye on these adaptors, because I HATE trying to fit oversized boards into my backpack. I've not seen the type of adaptor to which you refer.

As an alternative, I've seen a number of 4x4 adaptors to the rounded edge speed graphic board on EBay. You could pick up one of these, and also purchase the 110mm adaptor to the speed graphic board and have an even more compact board than the 4x4.

I've adopted the speed graphic boards as my standard, and the only lens which this board can't accomodate is my huge 360mm f6.8 Symmar-S. A potential problem with the speed graphic boards is that portions of a Copal 3 shutter will extend beyond the boundaries of the board, making them vulnerable in a backpack. As a solution, I use foam rubber in my backpack, and I've increased the size of the hole for these large shutters.

John H. Henderson
25-Apr-2001, 10:13
I think the difficulty is going to be that the Graphic View and Toyo Field/CX boards are almost identical in size. You'd be more likely to find an adapter that allows the 4x4 board to be mounted in the 6in Toyo board.

jnantz
25-Apr-2001, 13:34
Yes, the problem I have been having is the 4inch board is 8.6mm smaller than the 110 mm board. I had been under the impression that one could be made a little bigger than 110, and then cut down to size, but I am no machinist by any means, and I do not know what it entails ...

I'll keep you posted ...