PDA

View Full Version : Ebony 4x5? - I am looking for adapter to mount RZ6x7 film Back on 4x5...

Natasa Stojsic
22-Aug-2008, 11:06
Good day,

I am looking to find a way or rather company that makes the adapter to mount RZ6x7 Film Back on my Ebony 4x5 also possibly 6x12 back also!!!

Is it POSSIBLE?

I would appreciate if you could post some links!!!

Regards

Aender Brepsom
22-Aug-2008, 11:42
There are 6x7 (cheap) and 6x12 (quite expensive) rollfilmholders by Horseman that would fit your Ebony 4x5 as any other 4x5 camera with an International back.
Getting a used 6x7 back (from that auction site for example) would probably be cheaper than having an RZ67 back adapted, should this be possible at all.

Ole Tjugen
22-Aug-2008, 11:44
... or a Calumet C2 6x7 rollfilm holder. ;)

BradS
22-Aug-2008, 11:49
Ebony make a really slick adapter specifically intender for mounting roll film backs on their 4x5 cameras. It'll let you use the 4x5 Ebony cameras with Mamiya RB67 roll film backs for example. Go look at the Ebony catalog...under accessories. I think they call it a format reducing adapter or something like that.

Natasa Stojsic
22-Aug-2008, 21:14
I already have RZ6x7 film back so it would be nice to use it on 4x5.... I will try to consider all three options above and we will see what can be done.

I thought somebody already did it with RZ6x7...

Is there a shop that can custom make the adapter if I decide to exclusively us RZ6x7?

alex from holland
23-Aug-2008, 03:00
It seems to be exprensive but a very flexible solution : sinar zoom ?

http://www.sinar.ch/site/index__gast-e-1798-50-1919.html

alex

Ole Tjugen
23-Aug-2008, 03:41
It is, and it is.

Expensive, and flexible. :)

Paul O
23-Aug-2008, 04:01
I'm pretty sure that the Sinar Zoom film back will not fit an Ebony without a (minor) alteration being made to the camera - this involves shipping back to the factory in Japan.

Phil Hudson
23-Aug-2008, 06:01
I'm pretty sure that the Sinar Zoom film back will not fit an Ebony without a (minor) alteration being made to the camera - this involves shipping back to the factory in Japan.

I'll second that. The Sinar Zoom won't slot in far enough because of the length/profile of the ground glass frame on the Ebony. IIRC Ebony simply shave a little bit off the end of the wooden frame so that it will seat correctly.

FWIW the same problem exists with Cambo and probably some others. It's easily remedied but taking a file to a nice new Ebony is not for everyone!

Peter K
23-Aug-2008, 06:47
With this one http://www.gaoersi-camera.com/cp_detail.php?id=10337&nowmenuid=3300&cpath=&catid=0 you will have four different formats with one holder.

BradS
24-Aug-2008, 12:20
I already have RZ6x7 film back so it would be nice to use it on 4x5.... I will try to consider all three options above and we will see what can be done.

I thought somebody already did it with RZ6x7...

Is there a shop that can custom make the adapter if I decide to exclusively us RZ6x7?

RB...RZ....whatever. I think that they will both work with the Ebony 4x5->6x7 fomat adapter. You might call Jeff at Badger Graphic. I bet he would know for sure or, be able to check for you.