View Full Version : Where to get sync adapters?

EuGene Smith
21-Aug-2008, 18:46
I have several older LF between the lens shutters (and some on folding cameras) that have bi-post or bayonet (ASA?) type flash sync connectors. Years ago it was easy for me to find the little adapters for those connectors so I could use modern flash units with PC cords. I had a box of different adapters back then, but no longer have them, and don't know where to get more.

I tried all evening yesterday to come up with the right key words to search for them on flea-bay, but all I got was adapters to put on a "cold shoe" in order to use hot shoe flash or to extract a PC connection from a hot shoe to fire auxilliary flash units.

Now, you folks using older cameras and shutters must be getting adapters from some where . . . may I ask where? :confused:

21-Aug-2008, 19:07
b and h (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?ci=0&shs=paramount+flash&sb=ps&pn=1&sq=desc&InitialSearch=yes&O=jsp%2Fproductlist.jsp&A=search&Q=*&bhs=t&Go.x=20&Go.y=11&Go=submit) sells paramount sync's ...

good luck!


EuGene Smith
21-Aug-2008, 19:34
Thanks, John. Trying to use a 2 page index to find anything in the 465 page B&H catalogue is an exercise in futility, so I'll just call 'em tomorrow. Eu

Gordon Coale
21-Aug-2008, 23:06
I go directly to ParamountCords (http://www.paramountcords.com/).

Gene McCluney
21-Aug-2008, 23:31
The modern way is to get short sync cords that have the older end on them, and a modern end on the "other end" Paramount makes them. Normally I use Bi-post to household with my studio strobes, and I can use common extension cords for long sync cords.

Bob Salomon
22-Aug-2008, 02:23
Electric shaver cords and TV cheater cords fit the bipost shutter contacts.

EuGene Smith
22-Aug-2008, 05:39
Thanks for the info folks. I checked out the Paramont site and they seem to have just about every sort of connector known to man (including the oddball sync connectors on my Omega Rapids) and can make custom cords with any type of connectors I want on the ends.