PDA

View Full Version : !!!WANTED!!! -> Nicola Perscheid, 'Portrait' Lens... Which one?

Caracalla
19-Aug-2008, 02:52
Hi Folks,

Any available images/info on Nicola Perscheid Portrait lenses... 36mm/42mm/etc.?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nicola-Perscheid-Objektiv-42cm-F-4-5-Emil-Busch-Lens_W0QQitemZ150283094324QQihZ005QQcategoryZ101642QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Looking for... it factor, which one and for what price?

Caracalla
19-Aug-2008, 22:05
Can anybody tell me more about Nicola Perscheid Objektiv 42cm F:4.5 Emil Busch Lens?

any info/images?

Ole Tjugen
20-Aug-2008, 10:32
I have some data on it, but not here and now. I'll get back to this when I get home in a day or two.

Jim Galli
20-Aug-2008, 15:25
The Nicola Perscheid lens was the same general design as the Pinkham & Smith Series IV visual quality. It's considered rarer and usually more expensive. Good luck. There's a seller on Ebay that has all the Nicola Perscheid lenses you'll ever need. You'll have to rob a bank first though. Anyway shouldn't this be in the classified's as a WTB? I want one too. And I want a winning lotto ticket and I want to look like Tom Selleck and and and .......

Caracalla
20-Aug-2008, 17:44
I have some data on it, but not here and now. I'll get back to this when I get home in a day or two.

Thank you Ole, I would very much appreciate the info!!!

Caracalla
20-Aug-2008, 17:50
The Nicola Perscheid lens was the same general design as the Pinkham & Smith Series IV visual quality. It's considered rarer and usually more expensive. Good luck. There's a seller on Ebay that has all the Nicola Perscheid lenses you'll ever need. You'll have to rob a bank first though. Anyway shouldn't this be in the classified's as a WTB? I want one too. And I want a winning lotto ticket and I want to look like Tom Selleck and and and .......

Jim, the only guy that could have every lens must be... who else but you:p

WTB? yes and no... because I wanted to find out more info before I spend the cash... I tried searching on google but not much is available...

Could you PM me with the eBay seller link... because I am not aware of him.

Thanks Jim

Steve Hamley
21-Aug-2008, 04:39
Jim,

You want to look like Tom Selleck USED to look!!

IIRC the seller's name is photoarsenal and a NP of this focal length has been listed ay about $6,000. There's another seller also that may be who I'm thinking of but the name escapes me right now. Both are sellers from Europe, although photoarsenal does business now in Hong Kong also.

Cheers,

Steve

Ole Tjugen
22-Aug-2008, 01:19
There are three very different Perscheid lenses!

The one in the auction is a Nicola-Perscheid-Porträt f:4.5, which is a "chromatic soft" lens. That means it's spherically corrected, and gets its softness from chromatic aberration. That's the 1911 version.

Then there's the Nicola-Perscheid-Porträt f:6.3, only in 165mm and 180mm, which is chromatically corrected and gets the softness from spherical aberration. From 1922.

The third variant is the Perscheid-Objektiv f:4.5 (and f:4.9 and f:6), with no "Nicola", patented 1915...

Caracalla
22-Aug-2008, 09:17
Folks, I posted the ebay link above... do you think that the lens listed is nocked on one side... just under the (Emil) inscription.

It looks a little flat instead of round shape as it should be...

or am I looking to closely:o

Ole, thanks for the info!!!

Natasa Stojsic
22-Aug-2008, 11:26
Everyone knows they charge over $1000 for Nicola Perscheid, so I wonder if this particular lens is in good condition or if there's something missing?

Caracalla
22-Aug-2008, 21:20
hi folks,

Could you spend few minutes since I would like to bid on Nicola Perscheid Objektiv 42cm F:4.5 Emil Busch Lens http://cgi.ebay.com/Nicola-Perscheid-Objektiv-42cm-F-4-5-Emil-Busch-Lens_W0QQitemZ150283094324QQihZ005QQcategoryZ101642QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Do you think that the lens listed is nocked on one side... just under the (name:Emil) inscription?

It looks a little flat instead of round shape as it should be...?

Thank you

Jim Galli
22-Aug-2008, 21:45
It's obviously a battered piece of rubbish. Worse, Busch used the most brittle sort of pot metal for their lenses and rather than bend like brass, when they are dropped cracks appear and great pieces drop out.

domenico Foschi
22-Aug-2008, 22:55
Everyone knows they charge over $1000 for Nicola Perscheid, so I wonder if this particular lens is in good condition or if there's something missing?

I remember to have read years ago that there actually are knock offs of Nicola Persheid lenses.

Caracalla
24-Aug-2008, 05:05
It's obviously a battered piece of rubbish. Worse, Busch used the most brittle sort of pot metal for their lenses and rather than bend like brass, when they are dropped cracks appear and great pieces drop out.

Jim, I didn't bid since you had some reservations... but anyway....

WOW.... it's Sold for US $2,550.00

I'll wait....