PDA

View Full Version : Unified View vs. New Posts?

Peter Mounier
17-Aug-2008, 11:02
I understand that the Unified View displays posts that are arranged from new posts or modifications to old. So why is it that right after I read the posts in Unified View, then click on New Posts, I see posts that aren't in the Unified View? Or vice versa.
I see some posts in both forums, but shouldn't all new posts be in the unified forum also?

Peter

Ole Tjugen
17-Aug-2008, 11:11
Not all subforums are included in the Unified View.

The Lounge is one, and I finally discovered what had happened to the For Sale ads!

Sal Santamaura
17-Aug-2008, 13:03
Make this shortcut

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/search.php?do=getdaily&days=30

your bookmark for the LF Forum. It will get you all posts from the last 30 days, including all categories such as "For Sale" and "The Lounge."

Don't click on the link and then bookmark the page that loads. Subsequent use of such a bookmark won't work.

Ash
17-Aug-2008, 13:19
A fair amount of time ago, maybe a year ago now, I did the same. I find sometimes unified view gives me the classifieds, sometimes not. I'm not sure why.

Peter Mounier
17-Aug-2008, 15:56
Thanks for the tip Sal!
I changed my shortcut link and now everything is perfect in the world... well, maybe not, but I'm happy.

Peter

eddie
17-Aug-2008, 17:43
Make this shortcut

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/search.php?do=getdaily&days=30

your bookmark for the LF Forum. It will get you all posts from the last 30 days, including all categories such as "For Sale" and "The Lounge."

Don't click on the link and then bookmark the page that loads. Subsequent use of such a bookmark won't work.

so how do i book mark this? or do i just have this page load instead of the other when firefox starts......

Scott Schroeder
17-Aug-2008, 17:52
Eddie, bookmark it then go to
Bookmarks-> organize bookmarks
click that book mark and change the location to the one sal said or this one
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/search.php?do=getnew
they do the same thing.

Ash
18-Aug-2008, 03:02
or....make it your homepage on startup :D

Sal Santamaura
18-Aug-2008, 07:05
so how do i book mark this?...Place your cursor on the link in my post. Right click, then select "Bookmark this link." After it's one of your bookmarks you can rename it (I call mine simply "LF Forum") by going to "Manage Bookmarks," right clicking on the bookmark, then selecting "Rename...").

Gordon Moat
3-Sep-2008, 19:23
I always go to New Posts when I arrive here. Unfortunately I get to see that now there are far more Lounge posts than discussions of large format. Shame the Lounge cannot just be dumped.

Sheldon N
3-Sep-2008, 22:32
I always go to New Posts when I arrive here. Unfortunately I get to see that now there are far more Lounge posts than discussions of large format. Shame the Lounge cannot just be dumped.

Oh, but you CAN dump the lounge. Go to My Settings, then to Edit Options, and down at the bottom is the option to exclude certain forums from view.

I always use the "New Posts" option, read what I am interested in, then click "Mark Forums Read" when I'm done. I haven't seen a lounge post in forever! :)