PDA

View Full Version : 12x20 & Whole Plate Film at Glazer's Camera in Seattle

Glazer's Camera
15-Aug-2008, 12:17
Hello All,

I just wanted to let you know that both 12x20 and Whole Plate TMY orders have arrived at our store in Seattle. I will be shipping out the film on Monday to everyone who has pre-ordered. There should be a few boxes of both size available after all pre-orders are filled. I think I've called everyone on the list, but just wanted to post an announcement in case I missed anyone. Glazer's would like to thank everyone for their interest in this project and I will be announcing two new sizes that will be available for pre-order next week.

thanks,

William
Glazer's Camera
Seattle,WA 98109

clay harmon
23-Aug-2008, 13:09
Received my boxes of whole plate TMY today, and as promised, Kodak has made 'correct sized' boxes for this custom film order. They are not as slick as the glossy yellow boxes, but there is a nice utilitarian feel to the packaging. Not pretty maybe, but hugely easier to store in the freezer.

http://www.clayharmon.net/images/WholeplateTMY.jpg

wfwhitaker
23-Aug-2008, 13:44
That kind of sucks.

clay harmon
23-Aug-2008, 13:53
I'm okay with it versus having it slosh around in an 8x10 box. The last custom order had 7x17 film being delivered in 16x20 boxes, and that was a major PITA to store in the freezer.

Colin Graham
23-Aug-2008, 14:08
I kind of like it. Sort of reminds me of 'government cheese' packaging..

Richard K.
23-Aug-2008, 17:50
What's the price on those...? (the whole-plate)

wfwhitaker
26-Aug-2008, 02:16
I kind of like it. Sort of reminds me of 'government cheese' packaging..

Cheesy is about the size of it. My 6585 TMY arrived yesterday and the packaging is disappointing. I hope the film won't be. The Kodak film boxes to which we're accustomed are light-tight triple boxes with a black paper lining. These are simple, loose-fitting boxes of plain cardboard with no lining. Further, the batch number is punched into the lid with holes. Kodak is putting a lot of faith in the plastic bag holding the film inside. Not to mention that there's nothing to download exposed film to...

Clay, have you processed any of your film yet? Is there any evidence of fogging?

Diane Maher
26-Aug-2008, 09:39
I received my film yesterday too. Haven't had a chance to load it yet. I thought the film description was interesting, 6 7/16 x 8 7/16. However, given that I am probably on my last box of HP5+ from last year's order, I am happy it arrived. :D