PDA

View Full Version : linhof practise book, c.1958

mark_1038
21-Apr-2001, 00:58
I just read the posting on the linhof book and ebay and was wondering if my hard cover version of Linhof Practice, published in 1958 by Verlag Grossbild-technik in collaboration with Linhof is worth anything?? I don't want to sell it, as it's an interesting book, but was just curious...is this the book that everyone is bidding on with false hope??

Sean Billy Bob Boy yates
21-Apr-2001, 01:19
I dunno. I sold mine for $25.00 last year I think. I saw the same thing sell on Ebay a couple years back for 80.00 some? Can't recall now, but it was more than I woulda paid.

There is a nice book about 10 or so years old that has the photos of the entire line - including the 8 X 10 Technica. Hard to find but nice, pictures not extensive enough for my liking.

Sean Billy Bob Boy yates
21-Apr-2001, 02:06
This is pure insanity!

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1230824402

Stefan Geysen
21-Apr-2001, 04:54
Ha ha ha! I bought the 1958 edition,in decent condition, for about 10 US $ a couple of weeks ago! Bidding closed at 250 $... LOL

N Dhananjay
21-Apr-2001, 09:12
That is nuts!

Also, can someone tell me whether the Toyo loupes hold Captain Marvel's decoder ring or the keey to world peace something - I routinely see these sell for more than they cost new. I saw one go for about $80. Where do these people get their money from - haven't heard anything on the news about a spate of bank robberies.

DJ

Haim Toeg
21-Apr-2001, 11:40
I bet the sellers can't believe their luck...

Brian Ellis
22-Apr-2001, 10:34
Yes, it's the same book and yes, it typically sells in the $100 - $125 range in good condition. This is one case where e bay prices aren't out of line. If you check used photographic book dealers, if they have the book you'll likely see about the same prices. It fetches that because there's a limited supply (the first edition is now 53 years old and the last edition is about 40 years old) so there's very limited availability and a high demand.

John H. Henderson
23-Apr-2001, 13:42
Bogen components. I could buy them new from Tri-State and resell them on eBay for more. Not gutsy enough to try it, and not sure it would cover the listing fees and shipping.

Been wanting to pick up a 3055 head for my 35mm, but people keep driving the price above new!

Julio Fernandez
26-Apr-2001, 01:31
I just had first hand experience about selling Bogen heads, brand new, top of the line in eBay. The first went unsold and never gathered but a fraction of its regular cost, the second has fared not much better, so John, try it for yourself and learn the hard way before making such guess-pronouncements. (I have sold over 25 items already, including such books, use HTML and know where and how to list, I think). Our views of eBay events (mine included), more often reveal our lack of understanding of the forces at work on the market. Thant's OK, the professional marketers do not seem to fare any better. As for the book, do list it and in that way you will canvas the view of the thousands that see your listing. But do not expect that every item will turn into gold on eBay. There are excellent bargains out there and many of those can also represent a loss to the seller.

J. P. Mose
22-Aug-2001, 16:07
Currently on the ebay, the book Linhof Practice is being offered for a starting bid of $80 (yet, no one has bidded yet!). Should make you feel good about yours.

Les
28-Jan-2002, 01:22
I'd pay up to $40 if any of you guys want to sell your Linhof Practice book (in decent undamaged condition, of course) Always looking.