PDA

View Full Version : Super Chromega

Vlad Soare
12-Aug-2008, 03:07
Hello,

I have just acquired a large format enlarger. It's a little larger than I would have liked (it's 5x7", and I would have preferred a 4x5" because my darkroom is extremely small), but it's in excellent condition and I got it for good price (and it was available locally). It's a Super Chromega E Dichroic II.
Now, of course, I have some questions. :D

1. How do I align it? It has a lot of screws, and I wouldn't want to try each out until I get to the correct one (which I'll probably do if all else fails :))
2. The timer is not accurate. The real duration is proportional to the time I set, but much shorter. Is it easy to calibrate? Is there a hidden +/- screw that does the job? It's the original timer, labeled "Super Chromega Dichroic II".
3. Does anyone know where I could find a user's manual?

Thank you.

Mark Sampson
12-Aug-2008, 04:26
Try Harry Taylor at classicenlargers.com. Perhaps the best source for Omega knowledge.

Vlad Soare
12-Aug-2008, 22:45
Thanks, Mark. I'll try that.
In the meantime I've also found a user's manual on eBay. :)

Ash
13-Aug-2008, 01:26
I hope you've not paid much for the manual on ebay..... I found multiple manuals for free on the internet, for example the one for my Super Chromega F.

If you spend a good 30 minutes online, it could save you a few bob.

Vlad Soare
13-Aug-2008, 02:39
No, it wasn't expensive, and if it's nicely printed and bound it's worth the money. Also, a forum member was so kind to send me a couple of PDFs which, though not exactly on my specific model, should help me get started.
Now I know that my timer is called Chromegatrol (it must be an older version, because the Chromegatrols I found with Google look completely different - mine has two big dials instead of push buttons). It seems that it's not off, but it was actually me who didn't know how to use it. :o