PDA

View Full Version : Carrying a Richard Ritter 7x17

keeds
7-Aug-2008, 04:54
Who has a Richard Ritter 7x17 and how do you carry it? Most people with a 7x17 seem to use a Lowepro Super Trekker, but I think the dimensions of a RR 7x17 make this a problem. The rails make it to wide to fit sideways I think. Any comments?

RichardRitter
7-Aug-2008, 05:08
I put it on a tripod and throw it over my shoulder. If I have to travel far I use a frame pack. As to storing the camera a suit case that I payed all of $3.00 for at the used store.

keeds
7-Aug-2008, 05:52
Thanks Richard. I'm always a little reluctant to do that due to comfort and safety. I'm thinking a frame pack of some sort is probably the way to go. The Lowepro Super Trekker adds 5-6kg before you start!

Loving the camera by the way. Slowly getting the hang off it I think.

Jim Noel
7-Aug-2008, 07:54
I don't have a Ritter, but I carry my 717 Korona in an inside frame backpack. Fits perfectly with two holders and two lenses. If I remember correctly I paid less than $100 at A16, a campers and backpackers store.

tim810
7-Aug-2008, 08:45
Not 7x17 but 12x20 Richard Ritter and I just use a large wheeled XL suit case to go into the field. Everything fits and it rolls over anything I need it to. even around narrow single-track paths. I look silly but it works and 4+ miles hasn't stopped me yet. Maybe a tad slow though.

scott_6029
7-Aug-2008, 19:08
Have you tried teh super trekker? It works well with my phillips...but not sure of Ritter dimensions. I do carry mine around on a tripod for quite a bit of my work. Otherwise, I use a wagon, like a garden wagon that you can load with gear and just pull around with the bigger inflatable tires.

John Bowen
8-Aug-2008, 02:59
I still use a good old fashioned cardboard box to store my Ritter 7x17 in. I like the idea of the large wheeled suitcase.

I have seen a lady field transport her ULF camera in a 3 wheeled baby jogging stroller. I keep telling myself that I need to get my hands on one of those.....

John

John Powers
8-Aug-2008, 11:36
There is a similar thread going on APUG now with some suggestions that might help. There is a link to the jogger I use that has 100 pound shocks, a brake and 20 inch bicycle wheels.

In Acadia National Park I was carrying my Phillips 7x17 in the jogger. I passed an on coming Mom with a kid in full scream aboard. I said to her, " Oh, that is what these joggers are for." She laughed and said, "I think I like yours better. It is much quieter."

The thread
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum44/53010-transporting-8-x10-dds-field.html

John