PDA

View Full Version : Copal mount in Compur 00 size?

Jeff Keller
5-Aug-2008, 10:03
I picked up a couple Olympus Micro Zuiko lenses. They have a Copal shutter whose threads measure about 0.95" in diameter (definitely less than 1"). Looking up the thread size listed for a Compur 00 gives a size of 26.3mm. The shutter doesn't have a lever release, only a socket for a cable release. I would guess these lenses were made in either the 50's or 60's.

Did Copal make shutters in the 00 size?

Pictures of one of these is on the auction site item 320277112658.

The lenses have a dovetail mounting ring on the shutter. They were probably used on a microscope but I have no idea if they were used in conjunction with a photo eyepiece. Although I have a significant accumulation of Olympus gear, I've never even heard of these before.

Jeff Keller
www.julianalee.com (real estate for sale photos)

Peter K
5-Aug-2008, 11:45
Such Macro-lenses will be used like other lenses without an eyepiece. Also with LF-cameras. For different cameras with different mounting rings. Such kind of lenses where made by many microscope makers like Zeiss, Leitz, Nikkon and Olympus.

The bidding has ended for this item, but you can find informations about this kind of lenses here http://www.macrolenses.de/ml_detail.php?ObjektiveNr=172

Jeff Keller
6-Aug-2008, 08:26
Thanks for the link Peter. The dovetail adapter on the back of the shutter looks like the dovetail adapter on the objective turret of a microscope. I've only seen pictures of the Polaroid copy camera which uses the Tominon lenses. These Micro Zuiko lenses may have been used in a similar copy camera intended for high magnification. I've never heard of anything like that from Olympus however.

Jeff Keller
www.julianalee.com (real estate for sale photos)