PDA

View Full Version : Pop

Pete Watkins
5-Aug-2008, 02:34
Is any company making Printing Out paper any more. I don't mind importing the stuff as long as the supply is reliable as it was with Kentmere.
Best wishes,
Pete.

David A. Goldfarb
5-Aug-2008, 04:03
There was an announcement some weeks ago from Chicago Albumen Works that there was a gap in supply due to an emulsion problem, but that it's been resolved, and Harman will be picking up production. I don't know if the latest batch is available yet.

Terence McDonagh
5-Aug-2008, 06:46
The last batch before Harman moved production to Mobberly (sp?) is currently being sold on a pre-reserved basis by CAW. I put my name in, but haven't heard from them, so I'm guessing I was too far down the list.

Paul Hamann
5-Aug-2008, 07:56
Last I heard from CAW (July 25) was that they were expecting to receive the paper by the end of July. According to their website this run is sold out.

Pete Roody
5-Aug-2008, 11:54
I spoke with CAW last week regarding my order. There were problems with the production run set for June. It will be shipped, but at a much reduced quantity. People are still waiting for orders since last December so I was told I would only get 1 box of 8x10. I had ordered much more plus 20x24.

I was told that Harman has shifted production to one of their facilities and hopefully by the next production run (due in December?), they will have things worked out. In the mean time, I will be doing VanDykes, etc.

Pete Watkins
5-Aug-2008, 23:44
It's a really sad situation. Albumen here we come.................
Pete.