PDA

View Full Version : San Jose Silicon Valley area meetup?

kilimanjaro1996
1-Aug-2008, 13:43
Hi there,

A few friends from South Bay Photo meetup group are interested in learning the real life experience of shooting large format, e.g. for portrait, fine art, food, etc. Any LFF members live in this area could give us a talk or even a small workshop? Can also be totally informal chat during one of our monthly meetings, which is in Campbell.

http://photo.meetup.com/413/

Cheers,
Zheng

Darren Kruger
1-Aug-2008, 14:36
A few friends from South Bay Photo meetup group are interested in learning the real life experience of shooting large format, e.g. for portrait, fine art, food, etc. Any LFF members live in this area could give us a talk or even a small workshop? Can also be totally informal chat during one of our monthly meetings, which is in Campbell.

When is the next social meeting?

-Darren

Brian Vuillemenot
1-Aug-2008, 14:53
There is a group of LF photogs in the Bay Area that have informal get-togethers in various local landscape photography sites (Point Reyes, Big Sur, Big Basin redwoods, etc.) to photograph and discuss photography. I've been organizing some of these lately. See the following post:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=33273&highlight=Bay+area+group

We're always open to new people who don't have much or any LF experience- it's a great way to see and learn how LF photogs work in the field and what their prefered equipment and work flow is. Hopefully, we'll do another one of these in the fall, although it's hard to pick a date or destination that makes most people happy. If anyone is interested, let me know, and I can add your names to the e-mail list. I may also be available to demonstrate use of an LF camera at one of your meetings, depending on the time and place.

BradS
1-Aug-2008, 14:54
Would love to. When and where?

kilimanjaro1996
1-Aug-2008, 19:15
Wow, this is great already 3 people responded! Our last monthly social event was July'9 when 34 people attended. But our organizer has not fixed August meeting date yet.

Our current meeting place is:

Coffee Society - Pruneyard
1875 South Bascom Ave.
Campbell, CA 95008

Let me report back once the next social meeting is confirmed.

kilimanjaro1996
3-Aug-2008, 09:57
Our August social meet has been scheduled for Wednesday August'13 starting 7PM, and rough agenda and practical information attached below. It would be great to have a few of you joining us and have a chat on large format photography! Please let me know if you have any specific questions about the event or location. Thanks!

Announcing a new Meetup for The South Bay Photography Meetup Group!

What: August Social

When: August 13, 2008 7:00 PM
Where:

Coffee Society - Pruneyard
1875 South Bascom Ave.
Campbell, CA 95008
(408) 377-7734

Meetup Description: It's time for the monthly social meeting! Yay! Join us at the coffee shop. Bring your prints, questions about your camera (manual too if possible), and anything else you might want. You could even bring your sparkling personality if you wanted, but that's completely optional.

I don't usually schedule any agenda for these meetings, but these mini-conversations will probably be happening during this meet:

* If he makes it to the meeting, Sam will probably want to talk about the art show/sale he's putting together for August 23
* A couple large format types may be stopping by to discuss the genre
* I'll be promoting a month-long art display that my company is sponsoring in Mountain View; we're taking submissions until mid-September.

Shailendra
5-Aug-2008, 13:10
I'm interested, however, are there a lot of LF photographers who attend or are the users mainly digital?

Jim collum
5-Aug-2008, 15:12
I'm interested, however, are there a lot of LF photographers who attend or are the users mainly digital?

i'm planning on attending (from Santa Cruz, and have both LF film and LF digital)

jim

kilimanjaro1996
7-Aug-2008, 21:35
I have been to several of their events (32 attended last month, and 16-20 signed up for the upcoming event), and majority is using digital SLR. But we do have a few die-hard film users, so far mostly medium format and 35mm but are interested in getting into large format. That's the initial reason to post an invitation in this forum so experienced LFF folks can give us some inspiration. But there are two other topics for the evening, and the crowd will most likely be casual clustering around different tables and interests.