PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Chamonix Store

GSX4
1-Aug-2008, 08:45
Chamonix is taking their next order for a September shipment of cameras on their E'Bay store if you are interested?? http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=chamonix+camera&category0=

Prince has increased to $820 due to the falling dollar and a revised exchange rate.

Jiri Vasina
1-Aug-2008, 11:28
This eBay guy is not officially connected to Chamonix camera (based upon previous comments and word from Hugo). Hugo Zhang is the one you want to contact if you are interested in Chamonix cameras. He has direct connection with the factory, unlike the eBay guy.

He'll surely confirm this.

(and I can personally recommend dealing with him, as probably other tens of people here (or is it hundreds already? :) ))

Hugo Zhang
1-Aug-2008, 12:19
Jiri,

Thanks for the clarification.

That ebay store is run by a local Chinese dealer in Beijing who is not authorized by the factory to sell Chamonix cameras overseas.

He saw the excitement about the 45N-1 cameras from this forum and wants to make a few bucks. I don't mind that much. But what bothers me is that in some cases he didn't even tell people that he was not Hugo and I found that out when forum members PMed me with great excitement that they had placed some orders with me at "my" ebay store.

BTW, I would like to boast here shamelessly that people do get better prices and services from me.

BarryS
1-Aug-2008, 12:40
That's the truth--order from Hugo for the real deal. When I was asking about the Chamonix 8x10, Hugo was selling them with two included beautiful maple film holders and I noticed that the ebay store was selling the 8x10 for the same price *without* the holders.

audioexcels
1-Aug-2008, 13:33
Sooooo;)

What is the price from Hugo for the next run of 4X5 cameras?

Cheers!

Jeffrey Sipress
1-Aug-2008, 14:09
What style of lensboards does the 4x5 use?

BarryS
1-Aug-2008, 14:56
The 45N-1 uses Linhof Technika style boards.

John T
1-Aug-2008, 15:22
Jeffrey,

I work up in Santa Barbara. If you'd like to see the camera let me know.

John

Harley Goldman
1-Aug-2008, 15:29
Jeffrey,

As you probably know, I have one too, if you need to see one. Sweet camera!

Kirk Gittings
1-Aug-2008, 16:32
This thread belongs in Resources.

Bill_1856
1-Aug-2008, 16:34
What's the business about 5x8 instead of the standard 5x7?

Dave Wooten
1-Aug-2008, 16:51
8 x 10 film, cut it in half, the other way is 4 x 10.

audioexcels
1-Aug-2008, 18:50
What's the business about 5x8 instead of the standard 5x7?

8X10 sheet cut in half, better ratio, and you can use 5X7 holders inside the 5X8 back;)

Check out Jiri's website. I don't think he even has a photo of 5X8 and has a bunch of 13x18cm shots using his 5X8 Chamonix.

GSX4
1-Aug-2008, 20:28
Hugo, I know that this guy was not supposed to do this only after I had put the deposit down, when you informed me of this. Any new parts, accessories will be through you. I was just letting people know what I had seen on E'Bay, I thought it was legit at first, so maybe Chamonix needs to rein this guy in a bit if you are the main US importer/dealer.

Don Boyd
2-Aug-2008, 05:05
As I had mentioned earlier on this forum, I purchased one from the ebay dealer thinking that I was purchasing from Hugo. (Tiejun, the Chinese dealer had not represented himself as Hugo, I had erroneously made the assumption.)

I paid $65 more for the camera than had I bought it through Hugo, and had to put down a $265 deposit when initially ordered approximately two months ago. Mine was shipped yesterday (8/1) from Beijing. It seems those that ordered through Hugo received their's a week or so earlier. :(

eddie
2-Aug-2008, 05:21
hi all,

i would just like to add that i have dealt with Hugo on two separate occasions. Hugo is a first class businessman with great service!

buy from Hugo!

eddie

PhotoBob
2-Aug-2008, 16:49
I too recently purchased a Chamonix 45 and patiently await its arrival.
Got it from Hugo who is a very nice guy to deal with - thank you Hugo.

Jiri Vasina
3-Aug-2008, 08:16
8X10 sheet cut in half, better ratio, and you can use 5X7 holders inside the 5X8 back;)

Check out Jiri's website. I don't think he even has a photo of 5X8 and has a bunch of 13x18cm shots using his 5X8 Chamonix.

Mike, I have like 90% shots 13x18cm, 10% 5x8". None of the 5x8" so far are as good as the 13x18cm, so I have not presented them. Maybe my viewing style at the moment... But in due time, I'll surely have something interesting to show :)

Peter De Smidt
3-Aug-2008, 16:26
I too recommend Hugo highly!

zack kl
4-Aug-2008, 12:10
Hi,
How does one get in contact with this mythological "Hugo".
Thanks, maybe one day I can get a Chamonix too.

Jiri Vasina
4-Aug-2008, 12:13
Hugo Zhang (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/member.php?u=6610), check his profile and send him an email. Somewhere I have his email address, but this is faster...