PDA

View Full Version : trigger-solenoid for #1 Prontor-Press?

Carsten Wolff
31-Jul-2008, 20:26
hi, all,
for a special (confined) application I'm after a small DC solenoid to trigger a #1 Prontor-Press shutter. For a number of reasons (reliability, size, (repair-)cost, availability, etc). I'd prefer not to go to one of the available s/h electronic shutters. Air bulbs and cable releases are out. Does anyone know of a compact solenoid that could trigger these shutters reliably?

thanks, Carsten

Glenn Thoreson
31-Jul-2008, 20:56
Check the archives at www.graflex.org and if you think one of the Graflex/Heiland solenoids will do the job, I probably have what you need. Check also the Graflex info at www.southbristolviews.com. I will be gone for a few days. If I can help, just leave a PM.

Carsten Wolff
31-Jul-2008, 22:14
Check the archives at www.graflex.org and if you think one of the Graflex/Heiland solenoids will do the job, I probably have what you need. Check also the Graflex info at www.southbristolviews.com. I will be gone for a few days. If I can help, just leave a PM.

thanks for your help, Glenn; yep that could work; I'll look into it.

Ernest Purdum
1-Aug-2008, 14:32
I don't think that the solenoids used on press cameras of the Weegee period are up to working on self-cocking shutters. Some rotary solenoids have been used for this kind of application. Going from memory, I think the major source is called "Ledex".

Whenever anybody wants something of a mechanical or hardware nature, I always think looking at www.mcmaster.com couldn't hurt, might help.