PDA

View Full Version : At last my Chamonix just arrived !

Lee wonho
30-Jul-2008, 04:59
long long waiting is over:)
May be i am the first person who have the Chamonix 45N-1 in korea.

many many thanks to Hugo !

Tony Flora
30-Jul-2008, 07:41
Congrats & enjoy!

butterflydream
30-Jul-2008, 08:47
Congrats, and nice to see a member in the same country.

Have you ordered with Hugo and got it shipped directly from China to Korea?
My Canham JMC810 has arrived in Korea. It's in customs.

Maybe we could recognize each other with your Chamonix and my Canham, if we encouter by chance.

Lee wonho
31-Jul-2008, 04:18
Thanks your words of cheer! Tony,

Lee wonho
31-Jul-2008, 04:50
Yes, butterflydrem.
It came directly from China to Korea. they shipping to me 28.july ,means tooks
only three days.
And EMS gave door to door service to me so there is no customs problem.
I was contact Hugo last January,and than he put me in waiting list.
It takes almost seven month....
Thanks your words of cheer,butterflydrem.
See you .

Tom Diekwisch
31-Jul-2008, 11:48
Mine arrived in Chicago yesterday. Beautiful piece of art. It's great to have Hugo as an intermediary agent. I am glad to got myself on the list.

Peter De Smidt
31-Jul-2008, 16:55
Mine arrived today. Thank you Hugo and Chamonix! It looks great. I've worked extensively with two cameras in it's class, a Toho FC45x and an Ebony RW45. Just putting the Chamonix together, I can tell that I'll like it better than the Toho. I'll have to use it a bit before making a judgment concerning the Ebony.

One thing I did notice. The two horizontal bubble levels on the sides of my rear standard don't agree. I recommend that everyone check out their levels with a good reference. (This isn't an unusual situation in the camera world.)

Peter De Smidt
31-Jul-2008, 19:00
I love the little slides that can be used to help alignment. It'd be nice if there was something similar to keep the back standard from inadvertently swinging when it's extended.

Flexnib
31-Jul-2008, 21:01
I also received my camera today. All I can say is WOW. I have to wait a few more days for my lens boards. I would love any info from past owners as to quirks or things to look out for.
Thanks
Arthur

PhotoBob
31-Jul-2008, 22:24
I continue to wait, but hopefully sometime around the middle of August mine will arrive here on the West Coast of Canada.

Lou
4-Aug-2008, 08:08
Got mine today ! So nice ! Ordered it back in January, I never waited that long for a camera. It's here just in time for me to get used to it before the holidays start.
I understand there isn't a short user manual, is there ? Just don't want to miss any feature.

GSX4
4-Aug-2008, 12:19
Mine shows it was released from customs in Chicago at 1pm CST.... That means it will be in MN by Tuesday when I am leaving for a 5 day camping trip or Wednesday... Now I'll have to take my Canham :-\

Rick-okc
6-Aug-2008, 12:35
I got mine the other day also. I love it!
I do have a question though. On the front of the front standard there is one dot on each side, in the wood, and there are also two dots on the metal frame. The top dot is white or yellow and the bottom dot is red. I know you line up the dots to center the rise and fall of the front standard. Why are there two dots on the metal frame? Which one do I line up to?

BarryS
6-Aug-2008, 12:38
If you have a center drilled lensboard, line up the front frame dot with the lower dot on the standard. If you have an off-center lensboard, align with the upper dot on the front standard to zero out the rise. Practically? It doesn't make much difference.

GSX4
6-Aug-2008, 18:18
My Cham showed up just before I was leaving fro a trip to Door County WI... So I have it, AND my Canham DLC along for comparisons. So far so good. I opened the box last night and checked the camera in the light of a campfire and portable lantern. Seemed okay. I opened the box up in daylight and found that there was a small, and I mean small white blemish on the front standard from something. Other than that, the whole thing is pristine, and very well made. My first gripe in the comparisons is that the Chamonix has the duller ground glass, and the digital looking grid lines are a pain to use over the DLC ground glass. I made 4 exposures with the Chamonix this morning and overall it was a joy to use. Movements are solid, and the camera just feels so rigid. You lock it and it stays put. I am confident that the GG is something that maybe fixable with an aftermarket version....More to follow.

Asher Kelman
6-Aug-2008, 21:08
I also received my camera today. All I can say is WOW. I have to wait a few more days for my lens boards. I would love any info from past owners as to quirks or things to look out for.
Thanks
Arthur
Put some protective material down on the base of the camera for the front standard to lie on. Otherwise you might accumulate scratches.

Asher

D. Bryant
6-Aug-2008, 21:16
Put some protective material down on the base of the camera for the front standard to lie on. Otherwise you might accumulate scratches.

Asher

I received my ShenHao <sp?> lens boards from Badger Graphic late this afternoon and I've got all my glass mounted so tomorrow I get to use it for the first time.

Don Bryant

Daniel Strasshofer
7-Aug-2008, 12:32
My Chamonix arrived yesterday in Germany! Itīs a beautiful piece of craftsmanship!
For next time I will only touch it, put it on the top of my TV, take it with me to work .... and maybe sleep with it.
Thanks a lot, Hugo!