PDA

View Full Version : Video : LF in the Philippines

ari velazco
30-Jul-2008, 04:49
A video presentation for the recently concluded exhibit held at the Adamson University Art Gallery in Manila, Philippines. All are Platinum Palladium prints.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ptx0x9TAAg

MIke Sherck
30-Jul-2008, 06:05
Impressive as all get out! Any chance of the exhibit coming Stateside? I'd love to see it.

Mike

PS: Hey, Joe S.! There's a fellow in there who's a dead ringer for you! Except he uses a bigger camera than you do... :)

Daniel Grenier
30-Jul-2008, 07:19
Loved it! Very well made video ... like a platinum print in motion but I was left wanting more information like who is this group, what were they out to accomplish, where were they shooting, was this a commissioned assignement and so forth...

ari velazco
30-Jul-2008, 08:35
Thanks Mike and Daniel.

@ Daniel, The group was brought together by a common interest particularly the alternative process. Allan Razo held a workshop on platinum palladium printing and they were the participants. Although not shown on the video, Bengy took a photo of the facade of the adamson school with his Wisner 20x24 and then Allan printed it in pt/pl and donated it to the school. The show was held at the school's art gallery.

The horseback scene was taken at the famous Taal Volcano in Tagaytay City, Phil. The participants where free to shoot anything.

Thank you.

David A. Goldfarb
30-Jul-2008, 14:02
Excellent! My wife is filipina, but I have yet to visit the Philippines. Now I'll have to bring the big camera when I finally make it over there.

Charles Hohenstein
30-Jul-2008, 17:10
I would love to see these prints. I've only seen prints from some of these processes as jpegs, and I know that there's no substitute for the real thing.

Donald Miller
30-Jul-2008, 18:37
Wonderful production. I think that the show was top notch all of the way.

This brings back memories of my time spent in the Philippines. I look forward to returning.

ari velazco
31-Jul-2008, 01:37
Thanks guys, we are more than willing to accommodate fellow shooters in case you want to take a trip down here. Bengy can process BW, E6, C41 in his lab : ( http://www.studio58.com.ph/images/images/services.htm ) so that you wouldnt have to worry if you brought enough film holders :)

Charles Carstensen
31-Jul-2008, 20:48
Very well done, makes me want to travel to the Philippines.

roteague
31-Jul-2008, 21:06
I'm going to the Philippines in October, for 12 days or so. Unfortunately, I think I'm only taking my Nikon F6 (or F5) on this trip. Perhaps future trips I'll take the LF gear.

ari velazco
1-Aug-2008, 11:40
Hi robert, if you will have some free time on your trip, do let us know. Which part of the Islands are you going to?

roteague
1-Aug-2008, 14:52
Hi robert, if you will have some free time on your trip, do let us know. Which part of the Islands are you going to?

I haven't made any arrangements yet, but I'll be spending most of my time in and around Iloilo City. I'm hoping for a couple of days in Manila. I'll post my plans once they are firmed up.