PDA

View Full Version : Arista.edu 100&200

ViewIIguy
28-Jul-2008, 09:51
Hello all,

I just wanted to mention that so far my use of the Arista EDU line of 4x5 B&W film has gone on very well. No hairs, scratches or anything. Even emulsions and nothing bad so far. I got it because it was cheap and was thinking I would possibly have issues with the cameras or my own development and what not, but no problems at all! Printed a few (nothing to show at the moment but hopefully some scans soon). Just thought I would share my favorable results so far. Going to get some tri-x soon still as that's my favorite film in 35mm, but haven't tried it with 4x5. See soon I guess!

-Will

eddie
28-Jul-2008, 13:31
great! i use and love A.E.U. i can no longer justify kodak or ilford films. the only time i will buy kodak is when i need good reciprocity results.

i do shoot 3200kodak and some fp4 in 35mm. but for LF it is all A.E.U.

John Kasaian
28-Jul-2008, 13:55
I haven't played with Arista .eduUltra200 yet, but I do like Arista.eduUltra100 very much. Besides, it comes in 50 sheet boxes! :D

ViewIIguy
28-Jul-2008, 13:57
I haven't played with Arista .eduUltra200 yet, but I do like Arista.eduUltra100 very much. Besides, it comes in 50 sheet boxes! :D

I really wish I did get the 50 sheet boxes! I got 25 of each and will now need more soon. I think I'm going to stock up, but don't know about how well shipping them across country in this heat will do on the film, I'm in Georgia and they're all the way over there in Cali! Curses!

-Will

Michael Graves
28-Jul-2008, 14:12
I'm curious...I shot a few rolls of the the 120 and a box of the 8x10 sheet film...both of them Arista Edu.ultra. The results of both were good as far as image quality goes, but the roll film had a blue tint and curled like a son of a gun, while the sheet film was clear and flat. Are they from a different manufacturer?

BarryS
28-Jul-2008, 14:18
I'm curious...I shot a few rolls of the the 120 and a box of the 8x10 sheet film...both of them Arista Edu.ultra. The results of both were good as far as image quality goes, but the roll film had a blue tint and curled like a son of a gun, while the sheet film was clear and flat. Are they from a different manufacturer?

It's all Fomapan film, but the bases are different. The roll film is on a 0.1mm blue polyester base and the sheet film is on 0.175mm clear polyester base.

ViewIIguy
28-Jul-2008, 14:23

From what I understand I think Foma makes the 4x5, but I'm not really sure. Mine certainly looked good as well. I also bought 120 but have yet to use it, so I'll see if it also has the cast you mention. Should shoot it in the next week or so.

-Will

PViapiano
28-Jul-2008, 15:06
...Going to get some tri-x soon still as that's my favorite film in 35mm, but haven't tried it with 4x5. See soon I guess!

Tri-X in 4x5 is 320TXP, definitely not the same film as 400TX that you're shooting in 35mm, but still one of my favorite films...just wanted you to be aware of that.

ViewIIguy
28-Jul-2008, 15:10
Tri-X in 4x5 is 320TXP, definitely not the same film as 400TX that you're shooting in 35mm, but still one of my favorite films...just wanted you to be aware of that.

Shoot :( I knew the ISO was a bit different but I was hoping otherwise all the characteristics were the same. I guess I'll get a small pack to test out and hope for the best. Thanks for the heads up though!

-Will

John Kasaian
28-Jul-2008, 17:24
Will,
IIRC TXP 320 is available in 120, so if you've got a medium format you can still "road test" TXP 320 without committing to a box of 4x5.
It is very good stuff, IMHO