PDA

View Full Version : Order Placed for new Arca

more photography
28-Jul-2008, 04:59
:) I have just placed an order foo an new Arca-Swiss

F Metric C Micrometric Orbix - 5x4 back(141) with 6x9(110) Front and leather concial bellows.

Whilst very expensive I am very exicted and should be 2/3 weeks - will post some pics and let you know how I get on.

Thanks for all on your advice and support over the last 2/3 months, would have prefered to buy second hand, but these are like gold dust.

Thanks again

Sheldon N
28-Jul-2008, 20:04
Congrats!!! An F-Metric "Field" is an exciting camera indeed, can't say that I've heard of anyone else who owns one!

Did you get the telescoping rail or the folding rail?

Allen in Montreal
28-Jul-2008, 20:26
Congrats,
Great camera! You are going to love it.
I have a bunch of spare Arca 6x9 boards if you run short.
I went through so many cameras before finding the Arca, and nothing I have ever used is as sweet. :)

more photography
29-Jul-2008, 04:36
Congrats!!! An F-Metric "Field" is an exciting camera indeed, can't say that I've heard of anyone else who owns one!

Did you get the telescoping rail or the folding rail?
Hi Sheldon

I loved what you had to say about the field camera, also leved what I have heared about f meric, so I combined them with any extra cost.

I paid 50% of the 6x9 and 50% of the 5x4 cost, and Arca are happy to deliver. RoberWhite tell me Arca are going on their hols now, however the camera should be with me end of August.

Regards

butterflydream
29-Jul-2008, 17:03
You made good decision to include Orbix. I'm always regretting not having ordered it.

Blumine
29-Jul-2008, 17:31
I spoke with Martin Vogt at Arca yesterday, very nice and helpful man actually. But he did confirm, that they will be on Holiday for entire month of August. When my camera arrived a few days ago, there was a slight manufacturing defect in the collapsable rail. My dealer honestly didnt have another one in stock, and even though he ordered a replacement for me, he suggested I call Arca directly.

Spoke with Mr. Vogt, and they sent my rail out directly that day. Told me to send the problem one back when ever I had they chance. Honestly a super company to deal with.

I think you will be very happy with that camera.

Blumine

Robert Fisher
29-Jul-2008, 18:51
Blumine, Vogt builds a great $700 camera.