PDA

View Full Version : mounting a raptar

jimi-the-jive
22-Jul-2008, 10:30
okay before anyone says it i am well away that these lens are viewed as noting above a paperweight but i got it free and thought i'd see what it coud do.

its an oscillio raptar F1.9 the 65mm version rather than the 75mm most other people talk about.

I want to mount it on a 3x4 pacemaker lens board, first question how do i get the large black plastic ring off the back? i'm presuming these were standard, i'll post photos later.

secondly what diameter hole whole will i need in the lens board?

i know theres some problem with these shutters not having a retaining ring, i'll probably just glue it.

any advice you can give would be brilliant.
Thanks Jimi

Paul Fitzgerald
25-Jul-2008, 21:50
"any advice you can give would be brilliant."
"its an oscillio raptar F1.9 the 65mm version "

it's too damn heavy for a fishing lure but it could be handy as a windshield adjusting tool. For free it's a waste of your time, really.

jimi-the-jive
2-Aug-2008, 17:58
it's too damn heavy for a fishing lure but it could be handy as a windshield adjusting tool. For free it's a waste of your time, really.

thanks that clears everything up, very constructive,

Gene McCluney
2-Aug-2008, 18:16
Post a photo, it will help. Just measure the diameter of the rear of the shutter mounting ring where the rear element screws in, and cut your mounting hole the same size. I doubt you will find a pre-cut lensboard unless you by luck happen to have a lens that has a Copal 0 or 1 size ring.

jimi-the-jive
8-Sep-2008, 12:28
sorry these photo's took so long. my internet has been down, here are the images. if anyone knows how to remove the large black mounting ring it would be a great help

jimi.

Paul Fitzgerald
9-Sep-2008, 06:52
jimi,

those usually have set screws and are glued in place with 'crazy glue', try painting the threads with acetone or lacquer thinner and let it soak in for 10 min., then try unscrewing the mount. You may need to try again the next day, the glue was not meant to be removed.

Good luck with it, it's a pain.

jimi-the-jive
9-Sep-2008, 16:17
jimi,

those usually have set screws and are glued in place with 'crazy glue', try painting the threads with acetone or lacquer thinner and let it soak in for 10 min., then try unscrewing the mount. You may need to try again the next day, the glue was not meant to be removed.

Good luck with it, it's a pain.

thanks i'll try that
Jimi