PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Static?

Lenny Eiger
21-Jul-2008, 14:08
I have always used Ilford's Antistaticum cloths on my holders. It helps, it seems, altho they could be better. Which one of you has the magic bullet - to keep the dust off the holders - seemingly the instant the compressed air moves in the other direction?

Lenny

Kevin Crisp
21-Jul-2008, 14:15
Anti-static computer bags. Static or no static if they are out in the open they are going to pick up dust on the outside. I've heard that fabric softener sheets work as a wipe down but I have not tried that.

Mark Woods
21-Jul-2008, 14:17
I use an air compressor and then put the holders into a plastic bag. So far, it's worked well. When I'm in the field, I use the compressed air and still put the holders into the bag.

Michael Graves
21-Jul-2008, 14:40
Clean the holders with Brillianize antistatic plastic cleaner, vacuum the holders and then store in ziplock bags until ready to use.

Lenny Eiger
21-Jul-2008, 14:47
Clean the holders with Brillianize antistatic plastic cleaner, vacuum the holders and then store in ziplock bags until ready to use.

That seems a little liquid-y. Look like a wax polish or something - am I wrong?

Lenny

Robert Fisher
21-Jul-2008, 15:30
Lenny, my SOP is to wipe down with anti-static cloth, brush with anti-static grounded brush and always carry/store in anti-static bags. So far dust has not been a problem with my procedure (at least for me).

Turner Reich
21-Jul-2008, 17:02
I use an anti static brush, the electronic type, it works very well.