PDA

View Full Version : Polaroid 550 on Arca 4x5

more photography
19-Jul-2008, 10:22
I tnking of buying some kit for my upcoming Arca.

Does thsi holder fir on the Arca 4x5 with back glass on, is it tight, will do any damage will I need to renove the Glass. Any experience please.

I know it does take the Fuji pack films

Thanks

more photography
22-Jul-2008, 00:08
Any body with 500 on Arca?

more photography
22-Jul-2008, 00:10
Any body with 550 experience on an Arca?

Jan Nieuwenhuysen
22-Jul-2008, 10:34
Sorry, no. Only ever used an Arca 405 holder.
I do not know from experience how thick the Polaroid 550 and/or 500 holders are. Thickest holder I use on my Arca (Monolith metric model) is a Sinar Zoom and Zoom II.
No problem there.
Maybe someone who knows how the Polaroid 550 compares to a Sinar Zoom holder will chime in?

Phil
22-Jul-2008, 15:53
MRF -

A sheet film holder is just under 1/2" thick and a 550 is just over 1" thick.

When I use the 550 on my Crown Graphic I remove the focus panel and lock the 550 onto the camera with the Graflok locks and focus with the rangefinder. It will not fit under the spring back on my Crowh Graphic like a cut film holder will.

YMMV...

Phil

Jan Nieuwenhuysen
23-Jul-2008, 01:23
I measured my Sinar holders. They are 1 inch thick. I have some margin left when I fit one under the spring back of my Arca. They might actually fit under the gg (do not force them). A tight fit is no problem, forcing the springs past their maximum extension will cause serious damage.
According to Phil these holders have graflock grooves. You can always use those if you find they do not fit under the gg.

more photography
23-Jul-2008, 05:43
I measured my Sinar holders. They are 1 inch thick. I have some margin left when I fit one under the spring back of my Arca. They might actually fit under the gg (do not force them). A tight fit is no problem, forcing the springs past their maximum extension will cause serious damage.
According to Phil these holders have graflock grooves. You can always use those if you find they do not fit under the gg.

Excellent and many thanks to all.

I have just got myself one from Ebay - it is in the post.

Regards