PDA

View Full Version : linhof logo missing

epack
19-Jul-2008, 07:38
Dear friends,
After a short photographic journey to Yellow Stone, the beautiful logo on the back cover of my Linhof Technika Master was found missing. I searched every corner of our rented SUV, but of no avail. Would you please give me some advice about how to get such a logo.
Thanks,
Epack

GPS
19-Jul-2008, 07:51
Why not buying another Master Technika? ;-) Bob will help you...

epack
19-Jul-2008, 07:55
I am lookiing forward to Bob's help!

Toyon
19-Jul-2008, 08:01
That could really ruin a vacation.

GPS
19-Jul-2008, 08:06
I am lookiing forward to Bob's help!

Oh boy, don't say that twice...:)

epack
19-Jul-2008, 08:11
Yes Toyon, I was totally devastated. We even drove back a long distance to the place where I erected my Linhof on the last stop.

GPS
19-Jul-2008, 08:20
That could really ruin a vacation.

Not if he buys the second Master Technika immediately!

Paul O
19-Jul-2008, 08:38
What a bummer!!!!! As a last resort could you get one from a linhof lens panel? Not sure if the sizes are the same though?

Erik Larsen
19-Jul-2008, 08:43
I have a lens board with the crest on it. The crest means nothing to me and if I can pry it of, you are welcome to it.
regards
Erik

epack
19-Jul-2008, 08:43
Paul, I thought about that too, but it is difficult. Although it is of the same size, the logo on the lens board is very well installed. I just can't split it from the board.

epack
19-Jul-2008, 08:46
Erik, thank you for your kindness, but it is very difficult to pry it out. You run the risk of destrying the crest.

resummerfield
19-Jul-2008, 08:56
.....the logo on the lens board is very well installed. I just can't split it from the board.I did that exact same thing a few months ago. I carefully applied some MEK just to the adhesive bonding the emblem to the board and kept the adhesive wet with MEK for several minutes to soften it before carefully lifting the emblem from the board.

Brian Ellis
19-Jul-2008, 09:08
MidWest Photo Exchange used to sell these crests, I remember buying a few years ago. I don't know if they don't still stock them but even if they don't Jim might be able to tell you where to go to get one.

Jean-Louis Llech
19-Jul-2008, 10:57
Epack,
did you look carefully into the bag where the Linhof was carried ?

douglas antonio
19-Jul-2008, 11:33
just send bob salomon at hp marketing or marflex an email and i am sure they will respond in telling you how to purchase at what cost.

Vick Ko
19-Jul-2008, 13:52
Oh write to Linhof in Germany.

www.linhof.de

If you explain the situation, and mail in your camera serial number, they might just send you one.

Vick

Bob Salomon
19-Jul-2008, 17:32
Marflex has them. They are the Linhof service center. 252 652 4401

epack
19-Jul-2008, 18:26
Thank you Bob and everybody. The problem is that I am now in China. I contact the local distributor and the distributor asked me to turn to the dealer, and the dealer said they don't have that in stock. I wish to find a website where I can make the payment online, the have the crest shipped to me.

Turner Reich
19-Jul-2008, 19:19
It's a downer of an experience, I lost the lens cap to my light meter, not nearly what you have experienced but any loss is a drag.

epack
19-Jul-2008, 21:29
Turner, I guess you are using a Gossen Starlight light meter. Many of the Starlight users lost that little rubber lens cap. A friend of mine went to the dealer and buy a whole bunch of these caps. Now he no longer worries about losing them.

Bob Salomon
20-Jul-2008, 03:44
Thank you Bob and everybody. The problem is that I am now in China. I contact the local distributor and the distributor asked me to turn to the dealer, and the dealer said they don't have that in stock. I wish to find a website where I can make the payment online, the have the crest shipped to me.

That means that you place an order for the crest with the dealer. He will get it from the distributor for you. The crest is not an accessory. It is a replacement part. Dealers don't stock replacement part they would stock accessories.

epack
20-Jul-2008, 08:40
Thank you Bob for your useful information. I will do as you said.

Eric Rose
20-Jul-2008, 11:39
without the emblem your camera is worthless and will not take decent photographs. You might as well send it to me as I can't take a decent photo if my life depended on it. might be because my teknica lost it's emblem many moons ago and I never bothered to replace it.

cjbroadbent
21-Jul-2008, 06:48
epack,
I'ld be happy to post one to any address you put on my private mail. I have a couple which fell off lens boards. Large or small?
Christopher

Andrew O'Neill
21-Jul-2008, 07:55
At least it was just the logo you lost. I know a guy;) who lost a lens over a cliff.

epack
21-Jul-2008, 07:58
Thank you Christopher! I have contacted the local dealer as advised by Bob. The dealer will talk with the distributor and get back to me in a few days. It will be great if I can get it locally. If not, I will contact you.