PDA

View Full Version : Turner-Reich TC filter sizes

Scott Davis
15-Jul-2008, 11:16
What size filter does a Turner-Reich triple convertible (12-19-25) use? When converted, should I put the filter in place of the missing front element, or screw it to the rear? I was trying to find lenscaps for it but it seems to be somewhat closer to 54mm than 55, for a snap cap. It needs a 58mm slip-on (the one that came with it is a 57mm, which is a bit stretched but stays on).

Captain_joe6
15-Jul-2008, 17:23
turner Reich lenses wont take a screw on filter

When converted, your only option is to place the filter in a slip on holder behind the lens

You're going to have to be a bit crafty as far as a slip on holder goes because the lens barrel isn't a standard size either

I use a compendium shade mounted to the camera that has a gel holder in it

erie patsellis
15-Jul-2008, 18:00
Tiffen made (still makes?) a variety of 3 screw to series adapters, for the T-R 12" TC I had, I used a 58 SS to series 8 adapter. 67 mm filter usually fit into a series 8 thread, though ymmv.

erie

Diane Maher
18-Jul-2008, 04:39
What size filter does a Turner-Reich triple convertible (12-19-25) use? When converted, should I put the filter in place of the missing front element, or screw it to the rear? I was trying to find lenscaps for it but it seems to be somewhat closer to 54mm than 55, for a snap cap. It needs a 58mm slip-on (the one that came with it is a 57mm, which is a bit stretched but stays on).

I have some series adapters at home. I'll have to look and see what size they are.

erie patsellis
18-Jul-2008, 10:20
Diane, or anyone else, I have my 58SS - Ser 8 adapter in my filter case, I can snap a pic or two tonight, if it'll help.

Bernard Kaye
18-Jul-2008, 18:46
I need a Kodak 57mm. claw filter/hood adapter to fit on an old Tessar 21cm.; the Kodak piece will take a series 8 hood that I have. Got one or two?? Bernie

Jim Fitzgerald
18-Jul-2008, 21:07
I use the Lee filter system with mine. I had to make a ring out of walnut to slip over the lens and inside the Lee hood. Takes a bit to line it up but works like a charm.

Jim

Turner Reich
18-Jul-2008, 21:30
I use a custom made brass slip on filter adapter for mine. Jim may have a great idea again using Walnut for a slip on. Way to go Jim.

Also, did anyone see the post yesterday that was a jumble of incoherent jokes? I called it spam and was asked why I said that.

Jim Fitzgerald
19-Jul-2008, 07:50
Andrew, you know me. A few hole saws, some walnut, and I'm good to go! It is amazing what can be done.

Jim

Turner Reich
19-Jul-2008, 17:23
Andrew, you know me. A few hole saws, some walnut, and I'm good to go! It is amazing what can be done.

And with style too!

Jim Fitzgerald
19-Jul-2008, 19:42
And with style too!

Thanks!

Jim