PDA

View Full Version : Ilfosol 3

PBimages
12-Jul-2008, 08:08
It's only been on the market since March this year, but I am already reading a range of conflicting information on it!

I was recommened the chemical by RKphotographic, as I used to use ID11 many years ago, but was not sure how many films I would be developing so wanted something a little bit easier to use!

But from what I have been reading, it looks like I might have made a big mistake!

It meant to be the new improved version of Ilfosol s, but is it?

The development times for a FP4+ 125 film @ 20 Degrees C is down as 4 minutes, which now seems to me to be rather short, at first when in discussion with Pete Watkins I initially thought those times were correct but after doing some research on the subject and looking at my college notes I would have expected 7 minutes at least!

Does anyone have any experiance of using this chemical, if so what times would you recommend!

Also I need to do some Push/Pull developing but cannot find any information on recommended times etc!

PBimages
14-Jul-2008, 03:30
I managed to develope the films OK, the chemical was a little warm 24 degrees C so I reduced the time down to 4:30 minutes and they all came out perfect!

Ralph Barker
14-Jul-2008, 07:01
That's great. Ilford is usually pretty careful in testing the time/temp recommendations they publish in their product data sheets. Personal testing is always recommended, however, as local water chemistry and personal technique can significantly affect results.

stehei
14-Jul-2008, 09:27
I developed hp5+ at 800 asa following the data sheet,
perfect result,

did foma 100 too, liked the result!

regards

stefan