PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Jumbo Film Changing Tent

Thomasbroening
8-Jul-2008, 20:13
Just a heads up to anyone thinking about buying one of these:It is huge! I was able to load 25 film holders in about 15 minutes and it was so comfortable with all that room. I bought it to load 8x10 and can't wait to try it with the bigger holders.

John Bowen
9-Jul-2008, 04:58
I'm able to load my 7x17 holders in this baby without too much fuss.

mccormickstudio
16-Jul-2008, 19:15
I tried to save money and bought the Photoflex Changing Room advertised for 8x10 and it is a real pain to use - I DO NOT recommend it for anyone changing 8x10 holders. Everything (holders and film box) must be in the same stack and I can only pull a dark slide a few inches to then curl the film into the holder. Would be fine for 4x5 or maybe 5x7, but I'll be upgrading to a Harrison soon.

Jim Noel
16-Jul-2008, 19:24
I sent my Photoflex back because it was a PIA to use, and leaked light through the cloth. I now have a Jumbo from Harrison.

BarryS
16-Jul-2008, 19:25
I've got the medium sized Harrison tent and I'd say it's just big enough for loading 8x10. It's comfortable, but I sure wouldn't want anything smaller.

john collins
17-Jul-2008, 02:05
The Jumbo Harrison tent is large enough to hold my 24" rototrim a box of 8X10 film and the 5X8 holders. No need to get a smaller rototrim just to fit in the tent, very neat.

Don7x17
29-Jul-2008, 15:36
There is actually a larger version...

"The largest of these tents is four feet wide, but they also offer a special custom version that features 20x24 inch pockets that extend from each side of the tent."
I use this one -- placing stack of 7x17 or 12x20 holders in one sleeve and a film box in the other (with film box paper insert protecting film from scratches form sleeve).

Makes reloading ULF sized holders very easy.

Contact the Camera Essentials people - to either order this custom version, or if you have the Jumbo tent they can sew on the additional pockets (at a cost)

Don

John Bowen
29-Jul-2008, 15:50
Don,

Thanks for the info. I've seen photos of one of these but never saw one at any of the typical photo retailer websites.