PDA

View Full Version : CLA needed, where to go?

vinny
7-Jul-2008, 09:45
Older copal shutter in silver ring needs attention for 1/2 and 1 second speeds. Of course , now that i'm home it fires just fine but i'd like to have it serviced. From her posts it sounds as though Carol Flutot may not be an option.
Anywhere locally i can go in Los Angeles?
If not who's got quick turnaround times?

vinny

Frank Petronio
7-Jul-2008, 10:15
If you have to mail it away, David Goldfarb suggested this fellow and I tried him. He was very fast, friendly, reasonable, and GOOD. He does Emmitt Gowin's and Sally Mann's work I heard.

Frank Marshman
Camera Wiz Camera Repair
169 Pleasant Hill Rd
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
(540) 434-8133‎

Precision Camera Works in Chicago is also good.

audioexcels
7-Jul-2008, 10:25
Send Carol an email Vinny. She was backlogged with a ton of work, but it never hurts to explain that you have a shutter that is in excellent condition but just needs the final CLA touch up to get her going. She may have time to do it now or may not, but never hurts to ask especially since the work is not a complicated task like I'm sure many of the shutters she gets can be.

I have to dig into my emails for another email addy of a person that does them. Then again, Frank's recommendation sounds excellent as well, so there's quite a few options.

Michael Jones
7-Jul-2008, 10:31
If you have to mail it away, David Goldfarb suggested this fellow and I tried him. He was very fast, friendly, reasonable, and GOOD. He does Emmitt Gowin's and Sally Mann's work I heard.

Frank Marshman
Camera Wiz Camera Repair
169 Pleasant Hill Rd
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
(540) 434-8133‎

Precision Camera Works in Chicago is also good.

I've used Frank for a number of years and will attest to his abilities. BTW, Michael Smith uses him, too.

Mike

Matt Miller
7-Jul-2008, 11:00
I had a fuji GW690III that needed a rangefinder adjustment. I read online that Frank Marshman was the guy for that. I called him about it. He told me that it would be more expensive to ship it than to fix it and walked me through the whole procedure on the phone. An honest and nice fellow for sure.

vinny
7-Jul-2008, 12:20
Flutot's site says no new work being accepted.
I've spoken with Frank and also Paul Ebel in Wisconsin. Nice fellas.
thanks everyone for the quick answers.

vinny

BrianShaw
7-Jul-2008, 12:55
For a local LA guy, try www.stevecamera.com - Culver City

Bob Salomon
7-Jul-2008, 13:11
Samy's

jasonjoo
7-Jul-2008, 14:08
For a local LA guy, try www.stevecamera.com - Culver City

I've heard nothing but good things about Steve's Camera!