PDA

View Full Version : Lensboard size for WF Ektar

Robert Haury
4-Apr-2001, 00:03
I have a 135mm Kodak Wide Field Ektar. The outside diameter of the flange on the mounting ring is 47mm. What size is lensboard do I need? I'm guessing a #1.Than ks, Rob

John H. Henderson
4-Apr-2001, 09:47
See New Copal Shutters on Steve Grimes' web site. (http://www.skgrimes.com/products/index.htm)

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing 47mm show up as any of the dimensions, so perhaps you'll need to get a blank board and cut a hole.

David A. Goldfarb
4-Apr-2001, 11:00
What kind of shutter is it? If it's an Ilex #3 (my guess), then you need to purchase a blank board and have it drilled for that shutter, and if it has a mounting flange, you should have the mounting flange attached at the same time. Last I had it done, Steve Grimes (www.skgrimes.com) was charging around $15 for that service.

Kevin Kemner
4-Apr-2001, 11:44
Rob,

Most 135 W.F. Ektars come in a supermatic shutter, the size of which doesn't correspond to a standard copal/compur lens board opening. You will need to have a custom hole drilled to mount the lens. Its pretty easy if you have access to a drill press and a home depot. If you are uncomfortable with this, I highly recommend S.K. Grimes.