PDA

View Full Version : Tachihara Shirom 6x9cm

andrea milano
1-Feb-2001, 17:44
Armin, you see a lot of those, it is a looker and will be a nice conversation piece on your mantlepiece...... if you wan to use it, then you will find it fiddly and it is a lot better to buy a medium format like a Makina 6x7 or Makina 6x9., movements limited to such a little quantity that they are hardly worth it.

andrea milano
2-Feb-2001, 14:35
Armin, I played with it in several occasions but decided that it didn't do anything for me, I 'd rather buy a 4x5 and add a rollfilm holder having movements and versatility of two formats. A camera is like your partner, what is good for one might not work for another. Only advice is play a lot with it and if possible take the camera for a walk, fiddle around with it..... if after a rollfilm it still turns you on.....then it is your mate, much like with people, isn't it? Good Luck!

Sal Santamaura
2-Feb-2001, 17:08
I've never seen one "in the wood," but asked questions of an eBay seller once. The answer that turned me off was his response saying no, the back doesn't reverse; one must turn the entire camera on its side for verticals.

John Hicks
2-Feb-2001, 18:28
> turn the entire camera on its side for verticals.

I asked about that same camera and got an unclear response that I interpreted the same way; it looked like an interesting little camera though.

I wonder if that's really correct.

andrea milano
3-Feb-2001, 04:31
I seem to recall the camera having only a horizontal back and don't think that the construction would have allowed for a turning back( the canera appears pretty "rectangular" as opposed to "square"), however this is really a tiny camera, so apart from having to order a set of oriental hands to help you with setting the camera, turning the camera to vertical would be easy for any self-respecting tripod.

Glenn Kroeger
16-Feb-2001, 14:53
If you use this camera from an airplane, is it an Aerial Shirom?

Glenn