PDA

View Full Version : <caution> 2 Fuzzy Picture Posts! </caution>

Jim Galli
1-Jul-2008, 10:49
I was BUSY this weekend and you get a 2 fer! I promised a page of comparison shots with the NEW2ME Hermagis Eidoscop 150mm on 4X5. It is here: (http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com/150Eidy/150Eidoscop.html)

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com/150Eidy/150Eidoscop.html

But wait! There's more! If you push the button NOW I'll include an extra post about a Darlot 12" Landscape lens (http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com/150Eidy/12inchDarlotLandscape.html) for FREE!

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com/150Eidy/12inchDarlotLandscape.html

Hurry! because this offer won't last forever :cool:

Love to hear your thoughts as always!

Glenn Thoreson
1-Jul-2008, 11:19
Quite an offer! I like the Hermagis when it's stoped down. Still fuzzy background but the subject looks better. The pictue of the boys is fantastic. Lots of swirly bamooka for the fans of things like that. I have a little 135 Hermagis anastigmat something or other in a useless shutter. I think I'll dig it out of the junk box and stick it to a Speed Graphic now that you got me wondering. :D

domenico Foschi
1-Jul-2008, 11:28
I Like all the images, Jim.
And the technique you use for fast speed makes my Speed graphic assembly obsolete.
WOnderful.
Domenico

EdWorkman
1-Jul-2008, 11:39
Pam's clock and Bouquet#1 f8
very cool
I'd like to see Puff BAlls just a teeny bit more toward sharp, still luminous.
But then I'm just learning about this fuzzy stuff
thnaks for another lesson!
regards
Ed

wfwhitaker
1-Jul-2008, 11:41
Nice, Jim. I especially like the Hermagis shots. What film/developer did you use for those?

Jim Galli
1-Jul-2008, 11:48
Nice, Jim. I especially like the Hermagis shots. What film/developer did you use for those?

Thanks Will. I had some 1977 Kodak Ektapan that I finished up for those. :D Pcat HD 2:2:100 10 1/2 minutes @ 75 degrees.

Brian Bullen
1-Jul-2008, 11:49
Jim, as always great stuff. Hermagis is beautiful and I tend to like the wide open shots. Puffballs are excellent too.
It's great to see the shots of the kids, a wonderful memory to have for the future.
Tell us more about the Darlot?:)

Dave Parker
1-Jul-2008, 11:53
Jim,

I am impressed, those are some pretty good looking pictures, thanks..

Dave

Jim Galli
1-Jul-2008, 11:54
Jim, as always great stuff. Hermagis is beautiful and I tend to like the wide open shots. Puffballs are excellent too.
It's great to see the shots of the kids, a wonderful memory to have for the future.
Tell us more about the Darlot?:)

The darlot is an ordinary landscape meniscus. Happily Darlot did not bother with a mechanical vignette like most of these lenses have. It has a slot for waterhouse stops but nothing else in the way. So it's easy to just use as is wide open. Stopped to f16 it would be pretty darn sharp I think.

Brian Bullen
1-Jul-2008, 12:03
Thanks Jim!
I've been messing around with a waterbury wide open and it certainly doesn't have the same look.
Beautiful lens, now I've got to start looking for one of those. :rolleyes:

Daniel_Buck
1-Jul-2008, 12:16
very nice!

BarryS
1-Jul-2008, 12:23
I like the Hermagis shots, especially when you stop it down a little. I'd say the designers knew what they were doing and the ability to change the characteristics of the lens between wide open and stopped down is striking. The Darlot shots are a little over the top for my tastes, but close down a stop or two and I'm sure they would be tamed a bit. It's always cool to see what comes out of these lenses.

Caracalla
1-Jul-2008, 12:27
Jim, !!!AMAZING!!!

I think my friend you should have your account at youtube.com and make some series of documentaries........ how to? with your images as end result!!! People would go nuts for it.... especially younger crowd!!!

Not to mention so many young individuals not having much money to invest in high end digital, they could do well going this road!!!

!!!Again, you have A M A Z I N G taste!!!:)

seawolf66
1-Jul-2008, 13:22
Jim: I think you have really done it this trip with Pam's clock and Bouquet#1 f8
the detail at F8 is great on the bouquet hands down; Not that other are not good but ilke those two:

Mark Sawyer
1-Jul-2008, 13:28
Lovely as always, Jim! These lenses are worthy additions to your "Jurassic Optics Park". Is that Darlot Landcape lens a cemented doublet?

BTW, Kingslake says usind a heavy yellow filter for cleaning up the chromatic aberrations works "surprisingly well" with landscape lenses, though whether it would cost the images some of their charm, I don't know...

Jim Galli
1-Jul-2008, 13:45
Lovely as always, Jim! These lenses are worthy additions to your "Jurassic Optics Park". Is that Darlot Landcape lens a cemented doublet?

BTW, Kingslake says usind a heavy yellow filter for cleaning up the chromatic aberrations works "surprisingly well" with landscape lenses, though whether it would cost the images some of their charm, I don't know...

Thanks all. Yes, it's a single cemented doublet with aperture (if and when used) in front. Hmmm. The Kodak Commercial film only sees blue so using a red filter would have solved all my problems, and yours too :D

Merg Ross
1-Jul-2008, 20:29
Jim, a real treat, really special! Thanks for the show.

Merg

Jim Fitzgerald
1-Jul-2008, 20:44
Jim, I love the look of both of these lenses. The shot of the boys in the tall grasses is my favorite. Can't wait to take my big Darlot out on the 8x10.

Jim

Hugo Zhang
2-Jul-2008, 07:42
Wow, Jim, another wonderful show! I like them all, "Pam's Clock", "Chickering Grand" and "Bouquet at f/8" really stand out. Pictures of kids by Darlot are simply charming too.:)

Kuzano
2-Jul-2008, 08:10
The bonus offer has me wanting more than one.

Great examples. Thanks.