PDA

View Full Version : Central Coast, CA

gflanslo
28-Jun-2008, 18:00
Are there any central coast LF shooters out there? I've been shooting LF for about a year and would like to learn some new techniques.

Jim collum
28-Jun-2008, 20:56
Are there any central coast LF shooters out there? I've been shooting LF for about a year and would like to learn some new techniques.

i'm up in Santa Cruz.. a little bit north of 'Central'

domenico Foschi
28-Jun-2008, 21:07
i'm up in Santa Cruz.. a little bit north of 'Central'

I'm in LA, Jim wanna swap?

gflanslo
28-Jun-2008, 21:20
I'm in San Luis Obispo but I frequently go up north. I haven't shot in SC yet or LA for that matter.

Peter Mounier
29-Jun-2008, 09:04
I live in Morro Bay. I'll go shooting with you.
Peter

gflanslo
29-Jun-2008, 15:32
Peter - what is your schedule like? I'm flexible in the summer so whenever you have a chance to shoot let me know. Have you ever shot around Montaña de Oro? I haven't but would love to.

Greg

Jim collum
29-Jun-2008, 17:19
I'm in LA, Jim wanna swap?

hmmm

Santa Cruz.... Los Angeles.... Santa Cruz... Los Angeles

it's really hard to decide :D

Jim Fitzgerald
29-Jun-2008, 21:56
Greg, I'm in Ventura and I shoot 8x10, 11x14 and 8x20. I've shot at Montana De Oro several times. It is a great spot. Groves of trees, sand dunes and rocks and water. Access to the shore can be a bit rough with 8x10's. I have managed it. You have to keep an eye on the tides. I'd just have to figure out a time when I could come up.

Jim

Jim Fitzgerald
29-Jun-2008, 21:58
Jim, my youngest son goes to UCSC. He is home on summer break. I have been meaning to shoot on campus but never seem to get a chance to. I'm always coming or going with him. Some great redwood groves on campus I've been meaning to check out.

Jim

Peter Mounier
30-Jun-2008, 08:28
Greg
Montanan de Oro is a great place. I'll send you a private message and take this off list.
Peter

Eric Woodbury
30-Jun-2008, 14:27
Santa Barbara Mtns here. 45 and 57 mostly. I recently discoverd the Oak Preserve up your way. Very nice.

Harley Goldman
1-Jul-2008, 08:57
Santa Barbara guy.

Eric, what is the Oak Preserve? I love shooting oaks, so I would be most interested to find out more about the preserve. BTW, your PM box is full, it will not accept any more PM's.

Peter Mounier
1-Jul-2008, 09:32
Santa Barbara guy.

Eric, what is the Oak Preserve? I love shooting oaks, so I would be most interested to find out more about the preserve. BTW, your PM box is full, it will not accept any more PM's.

Here are a few shots I did in the Oaks Preserve. It's a small little park with about a mile or less of trail. The trail loops around the preserve as you walk through an amazing oak forest.
It's located a short distance from the entrance to Los Osos on Los Osos Valley Rd.

Harley Goldman
1-Jul-2008, 09:43
Peter,

Thanks for the info. Nice images, too!

Looks like my kind of place. I will plan a visit, maybe even this weekend.

Peter Mounier
1-Jul-2008, 09:51
Harley
Watch for a small sign and parking lot. You can drive right by if you're not aware of it.
Also, watch out for poison oak, it's rampant.
http://www.slostateparks.com/los_osos_oaks/default.asp
Peter

Peter Mounier
1-Jul-2008, 10:30
Peter - what is your schedule like? I'm flexible in the summer so whenever you have a chance to shoot let me know. Have you ever shot around Montaņa de Oro? I haven't but would love to.

Greg

Greg
Did you get my "Private Message"
Do you want to meet me in SLO this afternoon, around 5:00?
Don't like coffee? How a beer at Mother's?

Peter