PDA

View Full Version : Large colour print processing drums

David Kaufman
30-Mar-2001, 09:54
Does anyone know of a source of larger--24" x 30" or bigger--colour print proces sing drums? Or does anyone know how to make them? Also, in regard to 20" x 24" drums: Has anyone used and can comment about the qu ality of the Doran/Devtec drums, which are much less expensive than the Jobo pri nt drum?

John Hicks
30-Mar-2001, 13:40
I have the huge Devtec; quality is ok, not in the Jobo class but serviceable.

Note that while it'll fit on the Beseler roller ok, it will _not_ work on the Unicolor roller. Of course you could roll it back and forth on a tabletop, but i t's huge.

It's a smooth-wall drum, so you'll need some arrangement for washing rather th an in the drum.

andrea milano
30-Mar-2001, 14:43
I bought a Wilkinson, beutifully made but not complete, unfortunately nobody seems to know anything about it. It is intended to process prints but I wanted to use it to process 8"x10" films, english made, you recognise the type of quality which look s very professional but rather on a small production scale. it takes up to 50cm x 60cm

Paul Schilliger
30-Mar-2001, 16:17
I have only used the Jobo 20x24" and it works great on the CPE. I have made a cu stom support that fits inside and can process a spiraled 20x40 sheet of Ilfochrome with it.

kthompson
30-Mar-2001, 19:13
Andrea, I remember when you posted your question about the Wilkinson(??) a while ago, I thought about that for awhile and came up with nothing. I'm just curious, what does this thing look like? Is it an automatic rotary processor, or is it more like a Jobo?