PDA

View Full Version : Jan Pietrzak show in Hollywood

Kirk Gittings
18-Jun-2008, 21:27
My friend Jan (who I almost never see) is having a show. It should be stunning.

Jan Pietrzak: 25 Years Of Platinum
© Jan Pietrzak

The Gallery at the
Creative Center for Photography
Proudly Presents...
"25 YEARS OF PLATINUM"

An exhibition of fine-art photography by:
JAN PIETRZAK
Platinum / Palladium Printmaker
June 26 – August 14, 2008
Jan Pietrzak is a master of the platinum /palladium process of photographic printing. A member
of the Freestyle Advisory Board of Photographic Professionals, Jan has had his work displayed in
several group and one man shows, including the Bakersfield Museum of Art, the City of Los
Angeles Cultural Affairs Department, "La Coppa D'oro" in Parma Italy, the Laband Art Gallery at
Loyola Marymount University, Pasadena City College, and Friends of Photography, Carmel,
among many others. He currently teaches photography at Glendale College and Santa Monica
College in Southern California.
Jan's platinum and palladium work conveys the rich, textured ambiance of the "out of the way"
locations he chooses to photograph, in a way that traditional silver gelatin printing cannot. The
fact that the platinum/palladium image physically becomes an integral part of the print itself,
rather than a mere emulsion residing on the paper's surface, reflects the depth and context of the
subject within. As Jan himself states, "What I like about the platinum process is that it has a whole
different feel; it evokes the subtleties of the landscapes I choose to photograph. It combines for
me the processes of fine art printmaking and photography in a much more intimate way."

ARTIST RECEPTION:
Thursday, June 26, 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

The Gallery at the
Freestyle Photographic Supplies
5124 Sunset Boulevard
Hollywood, CA 90027-9897, USA
323.660.3460 x121

domenico Foschi
18-Jun-2008, 21:57
Looking forward to it.
Jan's work is not to be missed.
I have seen small prints that were truly masterful.
I can't wait to see a numerically more substantial body of work.

vinny
18-Jun-2008, 22:43
Cool, I've seen Jan's stuff there before. See prints, buy more paper and film. That's what happens.

Monty McCutchen
19-Jun-2008, 05:05
Wish I was in LA Jan,

I always enjoy your contributions here.

Good luck,

Monty

shmoo
19-Jun-2008, 09:53
Congrats to Jan! I can't think of a more deserving person than him. He's a terrific artist and teacher of pt/pd and a gentleman to boot. May have to drive up for this one!

S

Jim Fitzgerald
19-Jun-2008, 22:17
I've marked my calendar. I would love to see Jan's work.

Jim

Kirk Gittings
19-Jun-2008, 22:46
If anyone has Jan's email address could you send it to me PM? I have lost it somehow.