PDA

View Full Version : 11 1/2 Verito

rich caramadre
18-Jun-2008, 05:42
I have a wolly 11 1/2 F4 verito lens in a working studio 5 shutter that I'm looking to sell. It has the normal wear on the barrel and shutter. The glass is reallly clean. I picked it up years ago but just never really used it that much. My question is dose anyone know what a fair price would be to ask for this lens?

Thanks, Rich

clay harmon
18-Jun-2008, 06:23
All of these softies have been getting big bucks on ebay lately. There is one listed in an ebay store right now for $850. Of course, it is still there. There are several shorter focal length veritos listed right now with the bidding in the mid $600's. So I'm guessing that $700-$1100 would be the range, assuming it is in excellent shape. Don't take any lowball offers from anyone on the forum here who most likely will turn around and sell it later for twice what they paid you.

wfwhitaker
18-Jun-2008, 07:23
Just put it on Ebay and let it run. You won't be disappointed.

Pat Hilander
18-Jun-2008, 08:27
I agree, but it on ebay and you'll be happy with what you get for it. Verito's seemed to have tripled in price on ebay from just a few years ago, definitely a seller's market right now.

Brian Bullen
18-Jun-2008, 11:27
Don't take any lowball offers from anyone on the forum here who most likely will turn around and sell it later for twice what they paid you.
Hey, I would give a lowball offer but keep it for life.:)

Paul Fitzgerald
18-Jun-2008, 18:49
Rich,

I have an 11 1/2" Verito in a #3 shutter and an 18" Verito in a #5 shutter. Check your numbers, there is a major size and price difference.

Jeremy Moore
19-Jun-2008, 12:37
Paul,

Are you sure you have an 18" verito in a #5 shutter? I have an an 18" and there's not way it would fit in a #5 Ilex (maybe a different brand?) as the diameter of the glass itself is as large as the entire shutter!

Jan Pedersen
19-Jun-2008, 12:47
It's most likely a #5 Studio shutter

Mark Sawyer
19-Jun-2008, 14:12
My 11.5" Verito is in a #3 Studio Shutter, and my 18" in a #5. BTW, for anyone who believes bokeh is influence by aperture shape, the barrel-mount and Betax shutter-mount Veritos have a much rounder aperture shape than the Studio Shutter variety. Personally, I like them in all their varieties.

rich caramadre
20-Jun-2008, 06:56
I checked the shutter and it just says studio. No #3 or #5. I guess I always asumed it was a #5 ..But mabey not. It is about 4 1/4 inches across.

Rich

David A. Goldfarb
20-Jun-2008, 07:58
It's subtle. On my 11.5" Verito, it's in the small engraving at the bottom of the front ring of the shutter. At the top there are the aperture values, then "STUDIO", and the patent date, then the lens, and at the bottom it says:

Wollensak Optical Co.
Rochester, N.Y.
U.S.A.
No. 3

with "No. 3" right at the edge where one would normally hold the ring to adjust the aperture, so the enamel is worn off, but if you hold it at an angle to the light, you can still see "No. 3" there.

Also, shutter sizes don't correspond necessarily across brands. A Studio 3 is larger than an Ilex 5.

Mark Sawyer
20-Jun-2008, 10:55
Check down at the bottom, under the lens, on the faceplate. It's a bit hard to spot if you don't know just where it is.

rich caramadre
20-Jun-2008, 16:14
Yep! Definetly a #3

Jeremy Moore
21-Jun-2008, 15:15
Also, shutter sizes don't correspond necessarily across brands. A Studio 3 is larger than an Ilex 5.

Ahh, thanks for clearing this up for me David. I ignorantly didn't think of the shutter being a studio shutter as I had never realized they are numbered. That #5 studio must be huge!