PDA

View Full Version : Mark Kapono?

Kuzano
12-Jun-2008, 18:32
Has anyone had contact with Mark Kapono (bellows) in the last 30 days? I will respond to contact using the forum, or my email at larsco2002@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Kuzano

Glenn Thoreson
12-Jun-2008, 20:20
I have heard by the grapevine that he's gone missing again. Others seem to be trying to contact him with no luck.

Kuzano
12-Jun-2008, 20:53
Very responsive, very fast, status emails with pics. Last one pic of the finished bellows to be sent out in 3-5 days. That was a month ago. Nothing since and no response to gentle emails requesting info. Both to his hotmail and Hawaii.edu addy.

This (asking in a forum) is not something I do lightly, but I am at a loss for what's going on??

Jim Fitzgerald
13-Jun-2008, 07:44
I would never trust this guy with my money. No personal experience. I almost had him build a bellows for me. Yes, very cordial and responsive at first and then he vanishes. Seems to be this guys MO.

Jim

Kin Lau
13-Jun-2008, 09:51
You might want to look at some of Mark's history @ Nelsonfoto here http://nelsonfoto.com/v/showthread.php?t=11684

Glenn Thoreson
13-Jun-2008, 10:26
It really is a shame that this guy acts the way he does. From all reports, when he does come through, he makes a fine bellows at a good price. I wouldn't deal with him knowing his history, though.

Kuzano
13-Jun-2008, 10:53
It really is a shame that this guy acts the way he does. From all reports, when he does come through, he makes a fine bellows at a good price. I wouldn't deal with him knowing his history, though.

Inexcusable... sorry I did not know the history. He actually sent me a picture of the finished bellows showing my front and rear frames attached, and written instructions on how to position the bellows in varied open and closed positions for a few weeks after installation on the camera. He has a great number of pictures on his web site, and appears to be quite talented on bellows mfr.

It was due to be sent.

Glenn Thoreson
13-Jun-2008, 11:15
A suggestion: You might want to keep an eye on the auction site. There is another customer that had a bellows made and mounted on his frames. Mr. Kapono proceeded to do his disappearing act when they were done and later the customer's bellows and frames appeared on ebay! On Mr. Kapono's listing! The customer did eventually get his bellows after months of hassle. He was just lucky to have spotted them on the 'bay. Not good. :(