PDA

View Full Version : Ted Burford has died

Ben Chase
10-Jun-2008, 10:41
I just received word that Ted Burford has died unexpectedly after inquiring about why I hadn't received my E-bay purchase.

For those of you who didn't know, he made items for large format photographers (namely darkcloths).

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

David A. Goldfarb
10-Jun-2008, 10:44
Ted made me some custom belt packs for my 4x5" Grafmatics and 5x7" bag mags. Very nice fellow and easy to work with. My condolences to his family.

frederic
15-Jun-2008, 23:32
Hi David and Ben !

I also bought an Item from Ted Burford a little while after you guys if I read well his feedback page, then tried to email him, talk etc etc as I did with him in the past but have never received any follow up since 2 or 3 weeks.

I felt like something was wrong, so I "google" his name and city from my paypal payment confirmation, I even contacted you guys from his feedback page.... that's also how I end up on this forum....that's pretty sad what happened, he was very patient and willing to help me fixing some accommodations with one of its focusing clothes.

I really felt something was wrong in his silence, that's why I did not want to "negative feedback" blindly. But I also didn't know him very well even I appreciated and respected his Ebay seller behaviors.

I am sure this gentlemen is resting in peace.

PS: Any Ideas on how I could finish my Ebay shopping process with any member of his family in charge, please feel free to Private message me about it ?

seawolf66
16-Jun-2008, 06:16
Frederic: Discuss this with paypal they are there for your help to solve problems for their customers and have done well for me:

Ben Chase
16-Jun-2008, 06:53
A number of people have contacted me asking if I have contact information for his family. I'm sorry but I don't. Unfortunately the feedback was left before I found out the whole story.