PDA

View Full Version : Chamonix and Roll Film Backs

GSX4
9-Jun-2008, 13:47
I have ordered a Chamonix 4x5 for delivery by July 2008. I have a question on the back and GG. I know this has a Graflok back, but I want to know if just the screen can be removed to insert a graflex 4x5 to 6x8 rollfilm back? I have not seen any images that show the screen can be removed like this. I currently have a Canham DLC where this is possible. I am hoping I do not need to buy a graflok adaptor?

seawolf66
9-Jun-2008, 13:57
Who did you order the camera thru was it hugo Z if so they say he is quite helpfull in answering question of this type: From what I have read here:

roteague
9-Jun-2008, 16:43
I have ordered a Chamonix 4x5 for delivery by July 2008. I have a question on the back and GG. I know this has a Graflok back, but I want to know if just the screen can be removed to insert a graflex 4x5 to 6x8 rollfilm back? I have not seen any images that show the screen can be removed like this. I currently have a Canham DLC where this is possible. I am hoping I do not need to buy a graflok adaptor?

You do not need an adapter. I sent you a PM with a picture showing the back.

uniB
9-Jun-2008, 16:52
Hopefully roteague has answered your question with his PM. I just hought I'd add that I use a number of roll backs with my Chamonix and it works great, simple and easy to remove the GG to fit them on and the clips built into the Chamonix holds the back perfectly in place.

Onlt tricky thing I've found is making an accurate mask to put over the GG to compose.

GSX4
10-Jun-2008, 05:39
Thanks everyone, I have my answer from Roteague!

Daniel Strasshofer
10-Jun-2008, 14:51
I´m also on the list for July! I found the attached picture in the web. I think the Linhof Super Rollex Roll Film Back looks great an a Chamonix! What do you think?