PDA

View Full Version : new enlarger beseler v-xl

Gregg Cook
3-Jun-2008, 17:35
I just found this screaming deal on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=380031868712&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=025

Any tips or tricks for wall mounting? General use?

Always liked the design of these things. Craved one. Be careful what you want. Now I have a road trip to go get it. May have to remove a car seat to get it in a Toyota...

And now the MCRX and old color head go on ebay. Probably the Medium Format Beseler 67 Dichro too. It looks like a miniature VXL. I dunno, I could use it if I start to try to do Ulesman looking junk again.

Comments?

tgtaylor
3-Jun-2008, 19:51
Congtatulations Gregg. You got a BARGAIN!!! :)

I don't think you will need to remove the seat in your Toyota. I transported my 45MXT in the front seat of a 2002 Toyota Echo without removing the baseboard. However with the length of the V-XL column, you may have to.

Great buy. You now have NO excuses for not making great prints.

Thomas

Richard M. Coda
3-Jun-2008, 19:57
CR@P! How did I miss this one? I have a Beseler search set up on the 'Bay. I have a 45MXT that I want to change for a V-XL, actually an 810MXT. If anyone wants to trade...

Gregg Cook
3-Jun-2008, 20:36
well it was local pick up only....

ic-racer
4-Jun-2008, 07:00
Nice enlarger!

venchka
4-Jun-2008, 07:28
Darn! Talk about asleep at the wheel. That stuff is in my backyard. I had to drive all the way to Wichita Falls to pick up an Omgega D5-XL.

Good luck!

Gregg Cook
12-Jun-2008, 23:07
I just got it home. Believe it or not it also had a turret and two rodenstock lenses in it.

Just not the 150 I needed.....

Kevin Crisp
13-Jun-2008, 08:15
The versalab alignment tool really comes in handy with these. Align all stages one by one. You won't get it up to its potential just using a t square or a level. Great buy, congratulations.

Gregg Cook
14-Jun-2008, 05:51
an alignment is in the card for sure. levels say its in the ballpark though. I worried about my car tranportation messing with the neg stage for sure, especially going through three states riding neg stage down, so I am glad it works as well as it does.