PDA

View Full Version : Help with my Crown Graphic...

trink408
3-Jun-2008, 10:07
My classic crown has a bit of an issue, and I'm wondering if anyone on this board might have some ideas or possibly parts I could buy to fix it.

The hinge on one of the rails is broken so its just hanging loose on one side. It looks like this had been broken before I purchased the camera, but the other owner had used some copper wire to hold it together. the wire fell out a few weeks back, and I'm wondering if I can come up with a better fix. Unfortunately I'm at work and don't have a picture to post of what is broken, I will try to update later.

With that hinge broke, the camera doesn't slide out evenly or focus evenly, and it gets caught trying to push the camera back in to fold it up.

Thanks for any advice/ideas you have...

Kevin

robert fallis
3-Jun-2008, 10:55
Have a look on ebay, there's someone in the US does all sorts of spares

bob

Glenn Thoreson
3-Jun-2008, 11:11
Ebay seller Canyonlandgraphics usually has focus rails.

IanMazursky
3-Jun-2008, 11:22
Also call Fred Lustig. He has tons of parts for Crown and Speeds.

Fred Lustig
4790 Caughlin Parkway #433 Reno, NV 89519
775-746-0111

Dave Parker
3-Jun-2008, 11:48
I actually have a complete Crown, that has everything but the range finder, that has been started on a conversion, someone pulled all of the leather covering off and has attached wood, but it is capable of shooting as it is. I would like to sell it, send me a PM if that would be of interest...

And it has a graflok back on it as well.

Dave

trink408
3-Jun-2008, 12:50
Thanks for all the info guys, I definitely have some things to look into...

Kevin

Colin Corneau
5-Jun-2008, 19:50
FWIW, I have a Crown Graphic body - no lens or lens board and I'm not sure if the rangefinder works (I'm not betting on it).

However, it's there and I won't be using it as I like my Shen Hao. If you want I'd be happy to sell it for a reasonable price...contact me via email if you like: colin dot corneau at gee male dott com.