PDA

View Full Version : Copy Negs Work.

greyspecks
30-May-2008, 05:46
I looking to produce 4x5 copy negative's of 12x16 prints, which focal length & lens type's are used for these processes?

I've also posted in the camera forum for quide's on copy stands?
Regards.

Peter K
30-May-2008, 06:00
It's a reduction factor of 1:3, so any good enlarging lens with about 150mm will do the job. Also lenses for graphic arts like the Apo-Ronar or macro-lenses like the Apo-Macro-Sironar 120mm.

greyspecks
30-May-2008, 06:21
Thanks Peter-My local used kit supplier told me to use my 65MM SA..!

Peter K
30-May-2008, 07:24
Thanks Peter-My local used kit supplier told me to use my 65MM SA..!
What kind of supplier, a liquor store? The Super-Angulon is a WA-lens optimized for infinity. There are WA enlarging lenses aviable, but for your work the bellows extension will be no problem.

greyspecks
30-May-2008, 07:53
What kind of supplier, a liquor store? The Super-Angulon is a WA-lens optimized for infinity. There are WA enlarging lenses aviable, but for your work the bellows extension will be no problem.

I didn't like to dispute his recommendation, especially as he'd been running around the store getting the sizes and prices off item on the shelves-I was worried he'd fall ill!
I've been dealing with that store for a very long time, it was this actual sales guy who sold me my 1st SLR system! He's always as helpful as he can be-Though possibly hasn't played with the big toys as much as he's sold em!

I have found a real helpful supplier today and spoke with them, they do seem to have sound knowledge in that they're able to advise on LF & Materials with helpful comments. They're based in the UK and called the darkroom..It does what it say's can do on the tin..:D Their web address is www.thedarkroom.co.uk

They sell mail order and provide mail out catalogues of the products they sell. I've ordered catalogues on copy stands, film, print papers and chemistry-I'll post a heads up on these once they've been delivered. :D