PDA

View Full Version : Native American gasoline dealers

John Kasaian
27-May-2008, 08:10
Anyone here know what prices gasoline is going for on the reservations in Utah and New Mexico? I'm trying to budget a photography road trip and cheap(er) gas en route will definately be a plus:rolleyes:

Dave Parker
27-May-2008, 08:20
If it is like here in Montana, the Gas on the Reservations are actually a small bit higher, than outside the reservations..

Dave

Kirk Gittings
27-May-2008, 08:35
I have one right down the street from my house, a couple of cents at the most and sometimes not even that.

Hollis
27-May-2008, 11:08
I just went through the T'hono O'Odham reservation in Arizona and it was quite a bit higher, about 4.15. I don't think you really get any breaks on gas since they just contract the space out to an independent oil company and just collect rent.

mrladewig
27-May-2008, 12:58
I would think it depends on the location as much as anything else. If its the only gas station for 100 miles, you'll pay. And most likely, they pay their distrubutor a hefty fee to bring it out too. Earlier this month, I was heading through the Maze District of Canyonlands and needed to top off the tank in Hite before entering the Maze. Gas was 3.65 in Colorado and Monticello, UT and 3.93 at Hite at that time. Now its closer to the 4.00 mark everywhere, so probably add another 40 cents to that figure.

The worst gas hike I've ever seen was at Needles Outpost in the Needles District of Canyonlands. A few years ago, when gas was in the 1.50 range, it was nearly a dollar more per gallon at that remote store. Since then, I've always made sure to have a full tank before heading to Needles.

Dan Fromm
27-May-2008, 14:30
I dunno. The least expensive gas on 395 around Bishop has always been at the Indian gas station. Lower taxes on the, um, reservation, I gather.

Kirk Gittings
27-May-2008, 14:39
I have one right down the street from my house, a couple of cents at the most and sometimes not even that.

This is in the middle of Albuquerque by the way near but not on the freeway.

BrianShaw
27-May-2008, 18:27
I've never noticed anything to really be cheaper on reservations. Except maybe food -- one Navajo taco is all I ever needed to eat for several days!

Chauncey Walden
29-May-2008, 18:55
The station in Dulce on the Jicarilla Apache Reservation is one of the cheapest places to get it - much cheaper than right next to the refinery in Farmington. The station at Santo Domingo Pueblo, south of Santa Fe, is usually less than the Pueblos around Albuquerque.