27-May-2008, 07:49
Someone broke into my car and stole these lenses:

Fujinon-C 300/8.5
90mm f6.8 Sinaron W
150mm Sinaron SE
210mm Sinaron SE
Fujinon 400T
Nikon 65mm F4

Just a heads up. Fortunately, they did not steal the Rubbermaid tub with the camera, or any of the gear for shooting (tripods, etc.). Looks I am going to get to know my Nikon 120mm real well - it was on the camera.:-)

Jan Pedersen
27-May-2008, 07:58
Awefull discovery, know how that feels. Hope that your house insurance will cover.

neil poulsen
27-May-2008, 07:59
My regrets. That really hurts. It took me years to collect my lenses; makes it all the worse when they get stolen.

eric black
27-May-2008, 08:07
If you have them, please post the serial numbers on this and the other photo related websites- its a long shot Im sure, but you never know. It would be nice to see the person who did it nabbed.

jb7
27-May-2008, 08:53
Nightmare-

Daniel_Buck
27-May-2008, 09:01
do you have the serial numbers? That might help tracking them down, maybe head over to your local camera stores with the list of serial numbers, let them keep an eye out for them? Maybe grab the licenseplate of the guy who walks in to try and sell them to the store? That would be my first plan of action. I wouldn't put to much faith in finding them though, sorry :-( That's pretty low, stealing someones gear :-(

Greg Lockrey
27-May-2008, 09:05
That sucks!!! You should have left them with your pet Boa Constrictor.

lenser
27-May-2008, 09:09
So sorry this happened, Ed. I sympathize because the same thing happened to me twenty years ago in St. Louis.

Tell us what part of the country you are in and make up a list with all the lenses and serial numbers and get that out not only to police, but also to every pawn shop and photographer within fifty miles. These things have to be fenced somewhere and pawn shops and maybe the auction sites are about the only places besides camera stores where there is a market.

I don't know if ebay has an automatic alert system that you can access for them to watch for stolen items, but near the top right part of their main page is a live chat button. That will get you a real person who can advise you about how to watch for the items, there.

Good luck.

Tim

Kirk Gittings
27-May-2008, 09:16
Whoa, really sorry Ed.

lenser
27-May-2008, 09:20
Ed,

Another thought just occurred.

I see from your site that you are from Louisiana. If you are not a member, join Craig's List (free) and keep watch on the Photo+Video section under For Sale in all of the six cities (La.) listed. You might also check under general and barter in the For Sale sections.

If you are close to a border state, check the nearby cities in that state as well.

Craig's List seems to be legitimate even though it's got some dicey topics. It's also not as well known as ebay and local shops. Your ass h....thief might see it as being a quieter place to try to dump this stuff.

Again, good luck in the biggest way.

Tim

vinny
27-May-2008, 09:21
You've got an insurance policy that covers your gear, right?
If not, get some. It's cheap. Check with state farm.

darr
27-May-2008, 09:41
Damn, so sorry Ed. I look at CraigsLists for a few southern cities everyday, so I will definitely keep an eye out for anything that looks like it could have came from this robbery. Keep shooting, Darr

Frank Petronio
27-May-2008, 10:24
Sorry Ed

if they didn't steal your camera then they were stupid theives, check the pawn shops and camera dealers maybe?

David A. Goldfarb
27-May-2008, 10:28
Ouch. Good luck.

SAShruby
27-May-2008, 10:51
Are you insured? Claim it! Otherwise, I can feel your pain in my brain...

David Karp
27-May-2008, 11:11
Ed,

Sorry to hear about this. I hope you are covered and the deductible is not too high. Glad they did not take anything else, and nobody was hurt.

Dave

Ed Richards
27-May-2008, 14:34
Thanks folks! I am insured through homeowners - happned in the drive way. The deductable is not pretty, but I knew that when I bought the policy. As for alerting the camera stores, I called the only one in town that ever had any LF gear, and they said they are only doing photofinishing - no more cameras. I will work it out with the insurer. Probably just kids - they grabbed the backpack (full of lenses) and the digital camera. Did not touch the big box labeled Sinar or the rubbermaid tub with the monorail, or anything else, so I can still take pictures.

SAShruby
27-May-2008, 14:39
Check periodically Ebay...If you find similarity in location and gear, buy one, get the address and contact police.

Greg Lockrey
27-May-2008, 16:31
Not that this helps, but they'll probably keep the backpack and the digital since they know what these are. The LF lenses, they won't have a clue unless they know you.

BrianShaw
27-May-2008, 18:25
Wow, I don't know quite what to say. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. This is a terrible situation for you.

Ed Richards
27-May-2008, 19:32
> Not that this helps, but they'll probably keep the backpack and the digital since they know what these are. The LF lenses, they won't have a clue unless they know you.

My guess as well. I have thought about a no questions asked reward, but I do not think that is good social policy.

> This is a terrible situation for you.

Naw, it is just stuff for a hobby. Nothing I have a sentimental attachment to, just a monetary interest. I try to keep my perspective and not let my stuff get too important.:-)

Marko
27-May-2008, 20:56
> This is a terrible situation for you.

Naw, it is just stuff for a hobby. Nothing I have a sentimental attachment to, just a monetary interest. I try to keep my perspective and not let my stuff get too important.:-)

I feel for your loss but I really envy you on your attitude! That's something nobody'll be able to steal from you.

BrianShaw
28-May-2008, 07:20
I feel for your loss but I really envy you on your attitude! That's something nobody'll be able to steal from you.

I could use a bit more of that attitude... it is too easy for some of us to get attached to "stuff."