PDA

View Full Version : Fuji Instax?

cyrus
26-May-2008, 09:49
I have met a few Japanese students in NYC who show me instant photos about the size of a credit card on Fuji film. I figured out that they're made using a camera called the Fuji Instax which is not available in the US (why not?) but widely available on ebay. Anyone use this camera/film? I can see the film being adapted to be used in a polaroid holder ...

Gordon Moat
26-May-2008, 10:11
Fuji made the Polaroid Mio, which is basically the same thing. With the demise of Polaroid, the Instax film and cameras are one item that might appear in North America. If you search for the Polaroid Mio on completed sales on EBAY, you will see how close these are in construction.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography (http://www.gordonmoat.com)

RDB Korn
26-May-2008, 12:13
Instax cameras and film have been available in Canada for a number of years, and are still currently available. Perhaps Fuji will decide to bring them to the US as well.

Glenn Thoreson
26-May-2008, 17:54
You can see some images from the Instax over on the nelsonfoto.com forum, where there is an Instax touring the country. Goofy lookin' critter, that Instax. I rather like the look of the pictures it makes. It doesn't like gloomy weather too much. It does quite well indoors with flash. My photos with it are posted on the forum. The thread is in the community projects section.