PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for a copyright statement....

Rick Floyd
23-May-2008, 07:55
I'm looking for a copyright statement to place on the back of my sold photographs. In the late 80's I vaguely remember seeing an example of such a statement on the back of a portrait created by a photographer in Newfoundland of all places. At the time I thought, when I grow up, I want every photo I create to say the same thing. Well, I was just a kid then and didn't even get the name of the photographer, let alone the statement. I've never forgot how impressed I was by the short intrduction to the photographer and the all important copyright information. All I really need is some examples of what you put on the back of your photos. The real shot in the dark is: does anyone know the name of my mystery photographer in Newfoundland? Thank you for any help.

Rick Floyd

steve simmons
23-May-2008, 08:07
Yu can contact the American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP). They should have something.

If you are coming to foto3 we have an IP attorney giving a talk on Friday June 6th. I am sure he could help you with this.

steve simmons

BrianShaw
23-May-2008, 08:25
"© 2008 Brian Shaw"

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html

I don't do it, but if I were to put any expanded explanation I'd propably plagerize words from this site.

cyrus
23-May-2008, 11:22
There's no real magic incantation required. Just say Copyright s0-and-so, date, all rights reserved.

If you want to sound more serious, you can add another line: "Any reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is strictly prohibited."

mdd99
14-Jun-2008, 11:07
Don't forget to also register your images with the U.S. Patent Office (if you're in the U.S.) or the appropriate Canadian office (if you're in Canada).

BrianShaw
14-Jun-2008, 11:12
I'm not sure Garland TX is really in either the US or CN! :D

Photojeep
18-Jun-2008, 21:05
Don't forget to also register your images with the U.S. Patent Office (if you're in the U.S.) or the appropriate Canadian office (if you're in Canada).

Um, I think you mean the US Library of Congress Copyright Office. :D

Turner Reich
18-Jun-2008, 22:25
I got a stamp years ago and still use it. Get a rubber stamp from a local shop or order one online.