PDA

View Full Version : Happy as a Pig in Mud:

seawolf66
22-May-2008, 17:22
Through my [ G.A.S.] problem , I have given myself one hell of a surprise: and that is that my Kodak -Pony Premo # 6 will now be struting the following lens !

First the orginal lens that came with it? [ lens Unknowen as to type or size] also a set of Rapid Rectiliniar lens to be used on the shutter that came with the camera, Now the plate that holds that shutter will also hold my new to me a goerz double anastigmat F/6.8 Series III No 1 and to make me even more happier a century camera co. shutter and lens which is a bausch and Lomb optical co. 4x5 Planatograph F/8 E.F 6-1/4" this set up will also fits the kodak Pony Premo # 6 lens board,
And in a manner of speaking thru these lenses and shutter's, I have 6 lenses to use with the Pony Premo # 6 koday camera , 4x5 which is Very Light :D
To further My delight I have a Linhof Lens Board that will accept all three shutter's !

Time To Do Some Film B&W and maybe after that a few color shots:

Michael Darnton
22-May-2008, 17:26
That's a snazzy looking thing down in the left corner of the photo of three!!

seawolf66
22-May-2008, 18:30
that snazzy looking thing is my new goerz D/A series III no 1 Lens which should prove interesting in use on that Kodak Pony Premo # 6 both should be about the same age:

Jim Galli
22-May-2008, 19:30
COOL! Looks like fun.

E. von Hoegh
22-May-2008, 20:39
COOL! Looks like fun.

Another potential Dagor addict....

Mark Sawyer
22-May-2008, 20:43
Yep, the Dagor in the Volute shutter is pretty darned cute, and should make some wonderful images. But then, they all should! You're just going to have to let them fight it out...

seawolf66
23-May-2008, 03:11
Yep, the Dagor in the Volute shutter is pretty darned cute, and should make some wonderful images. But then, they all should! You're just going to have to let them fight it out...
Will have to see about making sure the glass is protected when they start to fight it out: {LOL} the only Thing I dislike is the Volute shutter, reason its leaf's are both the shutter and Iris: Could the lenses be put into another shutter brand with out a lot of fight with math calculations
thanks

Michael Roberts
23-May-2008, 04:48
Congrats! Looks like a beautiful camera and lens set!

Peter K
23-May-2008, 05:06
Will have to see about making sure the glass is protected when they start to fight it out: {LOL} the only Thing I dislike is the Volute shutter, reason its leaf's are both the shutter and Iris: Could the lenses be put into another shutter brand with out a lot of fight with math calculations
thanks
Modern shutters have different threads. So you can ask at http://www.skgrimes.com/index.htm to make the calculations.

Peter K

Ernest Purdum
23-May-2008, 09:08
Lauren, I'm puzzled as to why you dislike the Volute shutter. Are you having a problem with it? As long as the blades open to the correct aperture and then close in something like the right period of time I don't think it matters whether there is one set or two.

Mark Sawyer
23-May-2008, 09:12
It's possible it could fit another shutter, but you'd have to match both the threads and the spacing between the elements. Volutes are quite desireable in a few instances just for the reason you don't like yours. The aperture doubling as the shutter allows for lenses to be placed very close to each other, a necessity with some lenses, like the Cooke Series VIIb wide angles. You might find someone who'd trade, but you'd want to compare threads and spacing, probably in person. Personally, I think I'd keep it in the Volute!

seawolf66
23-May-2008, 13:24
Lauren, I'm puzzled as to why you dislike the Volute shutter. Are you having a problem with it? As long as the blades open to the correct aperture and then close in something like the right period of time I don't think it matters whether there is one set or two.

Ernest: too me If the shutter quit's then I am up the creek without any solution till I get home at least with a two system shutter and Iris if shutter quits you can at least use the Iris and use your hat or something thing else to open and close the shutter ?
just my way of thinking , you see I have one Volute shutter that will not work , so not able to use that lens ,except for dust collecting : and should the Iris quit well I think I could punt better with that problem than the shutter quiting !