PDA

View Full Version : view profile

henryp
15-May-2008, 06:55
I logged in and clicked on a "View public profile" link and got a message saying, "you do not have permission to access this page." It's a public profile after all. :-)
What did I do wrong? Thanks.

Ralph Barker
15-May-2008, 07:34
Hi, Henry. The "henryp" ID is newly registered. Because of some problems we had with spam being sent to members, new users don't have access to the member profiles for a period of 30 days. Please see your e-mail re your old member ID.

matthew050204
13-Oct-2008, 14:46
Oh, I’ve been looking for this practically everywhere on this forum, I have been wondering about that. I see why one wouldn’t be able to access other user’s profiles, but it does seem kind of weird that one is even unable to see one’s own profile if one clicks on it? I mean, surely nobody would send themselves spam and I would just like to see what my profile looks like to other users when they view it. Guess I’ll just have to wait.

Ralph Barker
14-Oct-2008, 07:23
You can edit your own profile via the "My Settings" link in the blue navigation bar. The forum software routes other displays of the information through the same access routine, however.

reellis67
16-Oct-2008, 06:02
Speak of the Devil...

Bill_1856
16-Oct-2008, 06:14
Another proof that Henry Posner is one of "the good guys" in the photo industry. He actually participates!

Richard K.
16-Oct-2008, 06:17
But I'd like to contact him about something and he doesn't accept e-mail nor PMs...

henryp
17-Oct-2008, 06:48
But I'd like to contact him about something and he doesn't accept e-mail nor PMs...
There's a mail-to link with my e-mail address in my sig.

Richard K.
17-Oct-2008, 07:04
There's a mail-to link with my e-mail address in my sig.

Thank you for pointing that out!:)