PDA

View Full Version : GG size for Speed Graphics 4x5?

gevalia
12-May-2008, 05:52
Guys,

I bought a Speed Graphics 4x5 but the GG was missing from the holder (newbie). There's a guy on ebay that custom makes GG but I need to tell him the dimensions. As I understand it, the it is not exactly 4" x5" for the back. Does anyone have the dimensions handy for me so I can send him an email. He does not have the dimensions.

Thanks,
Ron

gevalia
12-May-2008, 07:01
Guys,

I need the actual size of the GG for a Speed Graphics 4x5. Does anyone have that handy? I understand it is not exactly 4x5. I bought a Speed last week and it did not have the GG, just its holder. I found someone that custom makes the GG pretty reasonably but he doies not have the exact size for them. Can you help this newbie out?

Ron

Glenn Thoreson
12-May-2008, 08:09
Can't you just measure the opening where it goes? It wants to be a tiny bit on the loose side, with clipped corners on the Anniversary and earlier models. The glass for the Graflok back was not clipped.

Geert
12-May-2008, 09:29
If you browse through my website ( www.sheetfilm.be ), you will find the correct size, and maybe my ground glass could be of some interest to you :)

G

Walter Calahan
12-May-2008, 09:32
You can measure from the camera back where the gg sits.

I'll need to pull a camera out, get the size and get back to you.

venchka
12-May-2008, 10:05
As luck would have it I saved my order for a Dave Parker Satin Snow Ground Glass for my 1953 Pacemaker Speed Graphic.

The current screen measures 4 13/16" x 3 15/16".

That should do it.

gevalia
12-May-2008, 10:13
As luck would have it I saved my order for a Dave Parker Satin Snow Ground Glass for my 1953 Pacemaker Speed Graphic.

That should do it.

Thanks Venchka.

I'm @ work and forgot to measure before I left.

Thanks again.

venchka
12-May-2008, 10:15
You're welcome.

Ash
12-May-2008, 11:01
Vench, that sounds right. I couldn't find my tape measure or ruler, and could see that the glass was at most 1mm short on the height, and 2 on the long side (compared to a sheet of 4x5 overlayed)

Dave Parker
12-May-2008, 14:04
It is indeed 3 15/16 x 4 13/16ths of inch, which should be 100mm x 122mm and they did not have clipped corners originally, but many now a days do, because people have replaced them with clipped corner screens.

Dave

Dave Parker
12-May-2008, 19:41
Can't you just measure the opening where it goes? It wants to be a tiny bit on the loose side, with clipped corners on the Anniversary and earlier models. The glass for the Graflok back was not clipped.

Glenn,

I have fit hundreds of Anni's and the earlier ones with out clipping the corners, just have to know the correct taper for the corner, I have done it with a lot of the older wood backs.

Dave