PDA

View Full Version : darkroom chemistry in UK

robert fallis
8-May-2008, 23:52
does anyone know of a company in the UK where I can buy single bottles of fixer, developer
etc. without having to send a minimum order value of £25-30, or a minimum postage cost?

bob

katie cooke
9-May-2008, 00:10
The only way I know of avoiding those is to go to a physical shop: Calumet or Jessops or the like. Everyone else I use for chemicals (firstcall (http://www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk), fotospeed (http://www.fotospeed.com), or silverprint (http://www.silverprint.co.uk/) has either the 25 quid minimum and/or a flat shipping charge around 7 pounds for orders under a hundred pounds. (Though if your package is under 500g, fotospeed will post it for £4, but that's unlikely for liquids.)

Andrew_4548
9-May-2008, 04:24
It's a bit long to wait but at Focus on Imaging show at the NEC companies have offers on for free postage / BOGOF / "Vat Free." For the last few year's I've stocked up on Fotospeed papers as they have 2for1 offers on with free delivery. This year I got some 20x16 paper and chemicals and it's free delivery.

Only problem for you is that Focus is in February...

Pete Watkins
9-May-2008, 06:43
Try Mr. Cad, I've found them to be very helpful in the recent past. It could be worth looking at Morco's website as well.
Pete.

Marc
9-May-2008, 14:19
Depending on where you are, you cold walk into your local Jessops (just don't mention large format...;) ). The larger stores still have some chemistry available and in stock, or they can get it in for you within a few days. Again, Calumet might be an option in some places, as they usually have chemistry in stock.

Marc

Rob Champagne
9-May-2008, 14:51
does anyone know of a company in the UK where I can buy single bottles of fixer, developer
etc. without having to send a minimum order value of £25-30, or a minimum postage cost?

bob

Yes, Jessops. Even if they don't stock the stuff, you can goto their website and either order for home delivery or for collection from your local Jessops.
Altenativley, goto the ilford website and use there "Direct to Dealer" (D2D) system to get what you want delivered to a local ilford dealer. However, the Jessops option will likely be significantly cheaper.

Keith Cocker
9-May-2008, 16:53
Jessops in Manchester have stuff as do Jacobs. So I imagine your local branches also do. But It doesn't take much to put together an order for Silverprint or Nova to make it economical. I deal with both and find them excellent.

Brian ER
13-May-2008, 10:27
Try speedgraphic.co.uk Based in Alton Hampshire (01420-560066) - Very helpfull I have used them for many years

Brian

Colin Robertson
13-May-2008, 13:44
Robert, try www.morco.uk.com
Lots of stock, good prices, fair postage, quick.

kev curry
13-May-2008, 14:09
Useful link Colin...... finally found 100sheet boxes of HP5 there!

Cheers
kev

uniB
13-May-2008, 16:04
If you're going to use morco I'd phone them to check their stock levels before ordering if you're in any kind of hurry. I've ordered from them before online and had to wait weeks for delivery without getting any updates on the progress of the order. Put me off using them really.

kev curry
13-May-2008, 23:33
Will do.
Cheers
kev