PDA

View Full Version : 11x14 film holder ?

Jim Fitzgerald
7-May-2008, 19:06
One of my holders has a problem that for some reason I don't understand. On the top of the holder by the light trap about 1/2" down I get no exposure? The film is clear and the print is black! My other holders are fine. What could cause this? I've put exposed film in the holder and put the holder on the back of the camera pulled the slide and I see nothing blocking the light path. Am I missing something here? Any ideas would help. Thanks.

Jim

Jim Galli
7-May-2008, 20:08
Sounds like the film is sliding in past the "stop" after it shakes rattles and rolls for a while.

Jim Fitzgerald
7-May-2008, 21:06
So Jim, should the fix be some thin double sided tape to hold it in place? Thanks.

Jim

Jim Galli
7-May-2008, 21:12
Well, first take a ruined sheet and see if you can get it to fall down in the extra 1/2 inch. Prove whether my guess is valid? Then, double tape would be one way.

Jim Fitzgerald
7-May-2008, 21:16
Jim, so do the LGM give you all of this knowledge? I just checked the holder and it indeed slips past the stop! I guess I need the tape for this holder. Thanks again for fixing another problem of mine!

Jim

Jim Galli
7-May-2008, 21:21
The LGM's sucked my brain out a long time ago and replaced it with green slime. That's why I vote Republican. :cool:

Jim Fitzgerald
7-May-2008, 21:55
Well, one day when I finally come out your way I'll be sure to bring a good supply of slime aid! You know, that cool refreshing drink made famous by the LGM. I found a source and I'll be sure to bring plenty!!! Maybe a Voigtlander Hybrid to try instead! thanks again.

Jim