PDA

View Full Version : Ottawa photo labs

bob carnie
6-May-2008, 04:52
Hi Folks

I am looking for the names of any good professional photo labs in the Ottawa area.
any help would be appreciated.

Daniel Grenier
6-May-2008, 05:07
Not sure what application you're after, Bob, but try these as one of them surely would fit the bill. They are all well known in the area.

www.proulx.ca (more commercial, color stuff)
www.luxphoto.com (especially good at silver printing)
www.centredeladiapo.com (they are - at least used to - be excellent for color work)

r.e.
6-May-2008, 08:53
The Ottawa lab situation is in a state of flux.

Some time ago, Vistek took over the Ginn store. The owners of Ginn re-emerged with a lab in the basement of Vistek. The lab is called GPC Labworks. I use them for processing. Their web site is at: http://www.gpclabworks.com/

For the last several years, Proulx Brothers has been the biggest pro lab.

Lux is actually in Carleton Place just outside the city. I haven't used it, but it has a good reputation.

Until recently, the Ottawa office of Headshots offered high quality scanning and digital printing. It might be worth phoning them to find out where that part of the operation went to since their co-location with Henry's: http://www.headshotsrentals.com/contact_us/index.html#ottawa

bob carnie
6-May-2008, 12:51
thanks for the above info , I got hold of the proulx bros, and they were very helpful

Simon Benton
6-May-2008, 17:04
Ginn do excellent work and I have used them for many years. 4X5, 5X7 and 8X10 E6.

jordanstarr
12-May-2008, 09:28
Ginn was my store of choice when they were up and running. I hear that the store that took over is pretty much the same with the same employees, who are very knowledgable, helpful and skilled in all aspects of photography. It's right on the corner of Bank and Gladstone if I'm not mistaken.

HarryNowell
6-Oct-2008, 20:51
Also try Dave Andrews. He runs his own small independent printing business in the basement of Henry's Ottawa - 267 Bank Street. www.DaveAndrews.ca
He has worked on high profile print jobs - like the Canadian $10 bill.

He knows his stuff. Takes his time to do it right and is one of the nicest people you will likely ever meet.

Harry
HarryNowell.com
ChelseaGallery.ca